Brain Check - Please Advise

Psamsara

Just had unpleasant experience on discogs, resulting in my first negative. Would like to share it and see if i'm maybe missing something. Well my thoughts are that i encountered a real muppet... could be wrong though  :g:

So guy buys this one:

https://www.discogs.com/Chain-Reaction-Dance-Freak/release/3055439

it was 15$

I put it in a box, we're in touch, i proceed with looking at this wantlist - some i know, some i don't.

I have a few and offered him a good deal. I took time to rip some tunes, and communication was good and he was thankfull. Eventually he buys 4 more records (5 in total), i just added them (they didn't go through discogs) and add an extra ammount through shipping charge. Total was something like 170$, but i was really fair with prices and gave him a nice discount.  He was a bit slow, but it was Christmas etc. + i'm not fuzzy about that. Records sent morning after i received payment.. slow delivery as it was NY and everything was slow. He get's them, all is cool except that he didn't wanted the release he actually bought. Only then it crossed my mind that i made the same mistake years ago - bought the same thing thinking it will have the version as on Sound Of New York, but it didn't. When i got it i was like "damn! wrong tune". But i wasn't moaning and it was my mistake all the way, nothing to do with the seller. So this guy now want's a refund. I explain that he got what he ordered, and that there's not much in it - return shipping (from Canada) will be almost the same as a refund, so he should probably stick it for sale and it will sell at one point. Told him to look it from the bright side, as if he didn't ordered it we wouldn't proceed with the rest of the deal. He then goes how i'm all about money, i've sent him the wrong record and don't want to refund him etc. ... pisses me off so we had some talks, me telling him that he should know what he was buying. I agree that he sends it back for a refund, but guy now want's a refund without sending it back because "i still came out on top". He made a mistake, and he addmits, but it was my fault as i didn't warned him. Jesus! Like i know what people want. I sad that i don't know of any occasion when buyer gets a refund without sending it back, unless it's sellers fault (wrong description, condition etc.). It goes on and on, i try to fix it and tell him that he can either return it and get a refund, or i can give him some extra discount on future deals (as he said he would buy more from me). He then says that he doesn't want to return it as it would probably go missing, and that he will just leave me a negative... which he does:

"Sent wrong record. Refused refund. Slow shipping. Poorly packaged. Discouraged a return stating "it will cost you the same to send it back". Buyers beware! Worst seller I've dealt with on any online portal, including eBay, GEMM, and others."

So now it was slow shipping and bad packaging.

I leave negative for him on which he comment:

"Sends me 5 45's in ONE small damaged packet, AND the wrong record! Joke"

So "ONE" with capitol letters, pointing out - what? That i should have sent 5 45's in at least 2 mailers?!

Any thoughts?

Edited by psamsara
Social source share

Hi there,

Probably just a one bad customer. I've had one or two over the years either moaning about the packaging or record condition, but I've either replied to their negative feedback in a constructive way or told them to return/keep the item.

Personally I would just "rise above it" and although he has given you bad feedback I'm sure you have more positive ones and to be honest I don't look at feedback anyway when buying.

Hope this helps??

Best,

Ian

Social source share

Thanks... and yes i do have more positives, but procentage goes from 100 to just below 96% now. Personally i pay attention on feedback, especially when buying, so i fear this may affect my future sales. 

Hi there,

Probably just a one bad customer. I've had one or two over the years either moaning about the packaging or record condition, but I've either replied to their negative feedback in a constructive way or told them to return/keep the item.

Personally I would just "rise above it" and although he has given you bad feedback I'm sure you have more positive ones and to be honest I don't look at feedback anyway when buying.

Hope this helps??

Best,

Ian

Social source share

Contact Discogs ask them to review the various exchanges in communication and then ask if they would remove negative feedback should they deem you have been fair and reasonable. The worst scenario is they say no to a review and as a seller you can vote with your feet and sell on Ebay instead. They take a commission so they have vested interest in keepin you on board. 

Good luck

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Just move on...You got your money - you sold him what you agreed to. I've had far worse. Sold a soul pack a few years ago on  EBAY. 20 x USA 45s all nice stuff - nothing too rare. I think it went for about £50. Guy sent me a message saying I sold him a load of shit, and he wants his money back. I say fine - send 'em back I will refund. He says they were so shit I threw them in the bin. And he still wants his money back !  so I said no way - no return no refund. He leaves me abusive and neg feedback. Then he gets 2-3 of his mates to keep winning my auctions and refusing to pay. The muppet however keeps sending me messages through EBAY to take pleasure in the fact that his mates are doing this. So I report them to EBAY, EBAY took the neg feedback down and closed all of their EBAY accounts. For once the EBAY parasites were actually to be praised. 

To the point in a couple of posts above this one  - contact DISCOGS and ask them to review the exchange and remove the neg

Edited by SoulBoyRecords
Social source share

Just move on...You got your money - you sold him what you agreed to. I've had far worse. Sold a soul pack a few years ago on  EBAY. 20 x USA 45s all nice stuff - nothing too rare. I think it went for about £50. Guy sent me a message saying I sold him a load of shit, and he wants his money back. I say fine - send 'em back I will refund. He says they were so shit I threw them in the bin. And he still wants his money back !  so I said no way - no return no refund. He leaves me abusive and neg feedback. Then he gets 2-3 of his mates to keep winning my auctions and refusing to pay. The muppet however keeps sending me messages through EBAY to take pleasure in the fact that his mates are doing this. So I report them to EBAY, EBAY took the neg feedback down and closed all of their EBAY accounts. For once the EBAY parasites were actually to be praised. 

To the point in a couple of posts above this one  - contact DISCOGS and ask them to review the exchange and remove the neg

In your case i would probably listen to TatooDave's advice    :facepalm:

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!