Jackson Sisters On Bargain Hunt

• Replies 34
  • Views 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Turned on the TV at 1 o'clock and I believe in miracles was being used on Bargain Hunt, before you all start having a go at me for watching it I was actually waiting for the recorder to load so I could watch Coronation Street from last night, now you can have ago.

Mick Perrins.

You watch Coronation Street?  :lol:

Ian D  :D

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Its unlikely the Pasadenas knew of the Mark C. version at the time it borrows far too much from the Jackson Sisters, great credits on the original Prophecy release Gene Page, Ronnie Walker & Bobby Taylor classic piece of ghetto funk/rare groove that made it into the mainstream 1973 vintage

Social source share

Its unlikely the Pasadenas knew of the Mark C. version at the time it borrows far too much from the Jackson Sisters, great credits on the original Prophecy release Gene Page, Ronnie Walker & Bobby Taylor classic piece of ghetto funk/rare groove that made it into the mainstream 1973 vintage

Used to play the Jackson Sisters along side the Sisters Love, Give Me Your Love....again from 73 I think. Sounded so good together, and a guaranteed full floor....

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest UPTITE U250A

Yep. The original. A production masterpiece for me.....

Ian D  :D

Tastes rarely co-incide but this time round...yeah a true masterpiece far superior to the JS ters.... :thumbsup:

Social source share

And maybe follow those two with Patti Jo "Ain't No Love Lost" ...

Off-thread a bit but been playing this recently from the old Disco Gold Scepter / Tom Moulton compilation which I bought for the fabulous extended version of 'Make me believe in you'. Used to have the single of 'Ain't no love lost' but don't remember her voice sounding so weirdly high pitched - would it have been speeded up for effect?  Doesn't sound so unreal on 'make me believe in you', and can't find any other tracks of hers to compare with. Ian D maybe you would know?

Social source share

Go Compare, actually I think its more the mix than the pitch

lol I hadn't thought to compare with the single on youtube, so thanks. Very interesting though, the Scepter album version does appear pitched up to me when you compare both clips (allowing for youtube discrepancies). The LP version is in a distinctly higher key and her voice does sound speeded up, whereas the single version sounds more 'normal'

Social source share

The Jackson Sisters recorded it twice, firstly on their rare LP on Tiger Lilly records, then re-recorded for Polydor [better version actually].Sold the LP for a grand to a Japanese chap about 20 years ago. Six months later a Japanes CD reissue came out...very odd.

dean

Social source share

Yep, I have a cheap 12" re-release on tiger lilly (2004 I think). Great tune!

Suspect it picked up a bit of traction after the re-release on urban.

I'd like to pick up an urban 7" out in the wild at some point. Holds a value nowadays, £20 ish?

Social source share

Not what I would call rare. Has had plenty of exposure across the soul scene and played on radio 2.

Much prefer  "Why can't we be just more than friends" by them on Mums

Kev

Thats the b side of "I Believe .........." on the Prophesy release. Mums release had a different b side and the Urban release different b side again (I think all tracks were bought together on the Urban 12" , but could be wrong?)

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Is the UK Mums sleeve not just a plain green CBS bag, which doesn't really suit the purple label? Didn't think there was a UK Mums sleeve, just a US one...

Just had a dig and yes you're correct its in a plain CBS sleeve, but the other Jackson Sisters on US Mums I've got are in US Mums sleeves. Edited by John Reed
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!