Please Help To Find Title Of Detroit Female Soul 45

Salvosoul

• Replies 9
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

No!  That's NOT The Sweet Things' 45 version.  I don't even think it's a different take by them.  I think it's a different group.  And it's NOT Detroit.  It's a Van McCoy song. and sounds like a New York recording (it's not so tight like most Van McCoy productions, so, maybe it's just another East Coast producer using a Van McCoy song.

Social source share

Guest UPTITE U250A

No!  That's NOT The Sweet Things' 45 version.  I don't even think it's a different take by them.  I think it's a different group.  And it's NOT Detroit.  It's a Van McCoy song. and sounds like a New York recording (it's not so tight like most Van McCoy productions, so, maybe it's just another East Coast producer using a Van McCoy song.

Never said it was Detroit -its not.I listened to only of just the first opening bars of clip from SALVOSOUL,before passing comment.I did not go thru the whole clip -I knew what it was.That song.And if you look at the rec on the turntable,although very blurry,the edge of the label does appear to be the same design as DATE.

Also my actual wording was :

I said "sounds like my old Sweet Things "don't come looking for me" on DATE,mebbe I just have it ringin in my head a while...old age an that.."

Yes it is credited for Arr & Conduct by Van McCoy and written by B.Lewis.

Other side "Your're My Lovin' Baby' credited Written,Arr,and Cond by Van McCoy.

Thank you for your input.

Social source share

The title of the thread says "Detroit female Soul 45".  It was SalvoSoul's title -not your comment to which my comment on Detroit was responding.  Upon listening again, the You-Tube recording DOES sound like The Sweet Thing's 45 version.  I don't know what drugs I was on when I made the first comment.  That is one of my favourite songs, and I have had several copies of it played over 1,000 times.  I don't know how I could think it sounds wrong one time.  such a thing has never happened to me before.  I guess sinility  is now setting in, and I am starting to have hallucinations.

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Guest UPTITE U250A

The title of the thread says "Detroit female Soul 45".  It was SalvoSoul's title -not your comment to which my comment on Detroit was responding.  Upon listening again, the You-Tube recording DOES sound like The Sweet Thing's 45 version.  I don't know what drugs I was on when I made the first comment.  That is one of my favourite songs, and I have had several copies of it played over 1,000 times.  I don't know how I could think it sounds wrong one time.  such a thing has never happened to me before.  I guess sinility  is now setting in, and I am starting to have hallucinations.

Francine Barker's beautiful voice must ov created the same hallucinations that were ringing in my head too(despite it not being NS !) since hearing this sweet soul somehow I just never forgot it.The rec itself plays loud thru a hifi system magnificently as compared to the thin sound quality of that "moneyrabbit records"clip...

Social source share

hahaha. this all sounded familiar. i remember buying a number of records from "thatgirl75" on eBay last year. i looked in my boxes and realized i purchased this single from him and NEVER LISTENED TO IT! (cuz i got a bout 20 records at once and just forgot)

THANK YOU for reminding me to dig it out!

great sound.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!