News: Don Covay R I P

Guest CliveR

Mentioned a few years back on here about Mick Jagger's "coincidental" similar sound and phrasing to Don Covay, Don was a true "Super Dude" and "Somebody's been enjoying my home" "She was checkin out" "Leave him 1&2" are true legendary records, as good as anything IMHO that you will ever hear RIP Don and thanks for sharing your talent

Kev

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Mentioned a few years back on here about Mick Jagger's "coincidental" similar sound and phrasing to Don Covay, Don was a true "Super Dude" and "Somebody's been enjoying my home" "She was checkin out" "Leave him 1&2" are true legendary records, as good as anything IMHO that you will ever hear RIP Don and thanks for sharing your talent

Kev

I'd agree with that. Loved his "Leave Him" 1&2 and was only playing them the other week. RIP

Kev

Social source share

yes, agree with you on that one - Travelin' in heavy traffic - album P.I.R. 1976.   Sad news

and dont forget the excellent album he made that came out on philadelphia international think it was "travelling in heavy traffic" got some good revues at the time but i dont think it sold very well.

Social source share

Just read this, sorry to hear about his death. One of soul music's greats. He started recording in the 50s, wrote Pony Time, later a hit for Chubby Checker, Letter Full Of Tears for Gladys Knight among other songs, but found his own unique style in the mid 60s on Atlantic. Used to hear plenty of his records in clubs at that time, See Saw was my favourite by him then. His LP in the early 70s, Super Dude is worth checking out. Somebody's Been Enjoying My Home is a fantastic track imo

RIP Don..

Social source share

One of soul music's greats. He started recording in the 50s, wrote Pony Time, later a hit for Chubby Checker,

Just dug this out to post up...Japanese flexi-disc of Pony Time on the Japanese Yamaha label.

RIP Mr.Covay

post-9555-0-88249700-1423494240_thumb.jp

• Helpful 1
Social source share

• 4 weeks later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!