You're Gonna Laugh, But

I had a pressing of Tim Tam and it was in the discogs pile about to be listed.I thought this will never sell in this day and age.Sure enough 2 days later...In the post.I am really worried for the buyers sanity that in 2014 he bought a pressing of Tim Tam for 13 pounds.

Me having whinged about the A-side, I reckon it's worth 13 quid for 'Opelia' the B-side however - a great surf instrumental! (If you like that kind of thing)...and I do. It sounds like it could have come off the last Allah-Lahs album.

Social source share

It was Dave Low played Major Harris Stu!

Dave is the only other DJ that I can follow and if I miss part of his set I know he won`t have played anything I will play.....and it`s the same for him with me. 

:thumbsup:

Social source share

You're gonna laugh, but how much would you say that this is worth? estimates no lower that 10p please  :)

Seriously though, it's a Mint- Demo.

attachicon.gifMuriel day.JPG

attachicon.gifMuriel day_A.JPG

I used to have this on german Page One w/out a picture sleeve. Once I found ar copy with PS I put the sleeveless one on Ebay. Got quite a good result. I guess there are plenty of ex-Wigan punters out there buying all that stuff that reminds them of their youth.

Social source share

Guest Soulskate70

I think I actually prefer Tim Tam and the Turn Ons....! Tribute has its place, but personally I think it has nothing to do wth Northern Soul whatsoever.... I was part of the whole house/rave scene from 87 onwards, and even on that scene this track would be considered mediocre at best....

Give me Muriel Day, Tim-Tam and the tampons or even the Snake in preference to this......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5cARPXpHYCE

Social source share

Yeah, 'Tribute' is a House record no doubt about it, and Bob Sinclar a House producer. Just one that was picked up by the New Northern Boys I guess, along with DJ Genesis (another Tribute) and Drizabone - Pressure.
I know that Muriel Day is not the best "Northern" tune in the basket, but listen beyond the Sesame street riff and there are some very nice strings and key changes tucked away in there.

Edited by Northern Soul UK
Social source share

Guest son of stan

It's not soul for sure but i can see the charm of Muriel Day as a 60s girl pop record - it's quite a sweet record in its own way.

Certainly not the worst. I nominate Marc Copage 'Who Can i turn to (with Questions and Answers)' Lol!!

Social source share

It's not soul for sure but i can see the charm of Muriel Day as a 60s girl pop record - it's quite a sweet record in its own way.

Certainly not the worst. I nominate Marc Copage 'Who Can i turn to (with Questions and Answers)' Lol!!

You're right, that one does take some beating but there's this more recent one, a solo girl record which they all rave over, when I first heard it I thought it was a joke record, I'm trying to remember what it is...

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!