Articles: HOF: Linda Jones - Female Vocalist Inductee

Blimmin' Heck Dave, l am shocked she wasn't the 1st female artist in the Hall Of Fame.

IMHO she had the best female voice of all time.

Better late than never to great in the s.s. H.O.F.

The Late Great Linda Jones R.I.P. 

Err.... she is the first Female Vocalist Inductee. Keep up Mate. :lol:  :thumbsup:

Oh, and I've swapped out the swear word and replaced it with something more in tune with your East Lancs roots.  No swearing allowed in the Hall Of fame. :thumbsup:

Regards,

Dave

• Helpful 2
Social source share

dave,

i'll admit that i'm just a little surprised that linda had not been admitted from day one of this prestigious page, however, matters have now been rectified, so....i'll stick my neck above the parapet...and say it for all to hear......

LINDA JONES IS WITHOUT DOUBT.....THEE GREATEST FEMALE SOUL SINGER...OF ALL TIME....

apologies to the devotees of aretha franklin, but the queen of soul as she is referred to, would have been PERMANENTLY IN THE SHADOWS had linda lived.....such tragic cirmcumstances, contrived to rob the world of a truly unique talent.

i pull no punches in making such a statement...linda was the embodiment of a vocal range, a vestige so few are, or have been blessed with...and for the purpose of emphasizing the fact, i have such admiration for others such as doris troy, tobi lark, kim weston, tammi terrell, ty karim & barbara macnair.

LINDA was unlike anyone else for her age, showing a maturity before her time...i'm of the opinion that the record companies she dealt with, simply didn't get a grasp of what they possessed.. the 70's would have been her breakthrough era, for sure...she would have been a global superstar..

alas, for the populus of our northern soul scene, her endeavours were not to be witnessed here,she departed this earthly life whilst it was still fledgling..perhaps our only saving grace is, we may all receive fulfillment in heaven's rapture, courtesy of one god given angelic voice....

• Helpful 1
Social source share

As Mike has said, Linda was one of the initial Inductees from our very first round of Nominations, hence her actual Induction was dated 1 Nov 2014.  It takes me a long time to get the pages ready for upload but we're slowly getting there.  We're already into round two of nominations but I'm not going to rush them. The recipients don't deserve that. 

Hope that explains why Linda's page has just appeared.

Regards,

Dave

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!