northern295

Stylus - Weigh Scales

I've only ever used Technics 1200 turntables and you don't need scales with them. You just adjust the weight till the tone arm is perfectly balanced, then turn the adjuster to the appropriate weight setting and bingo.

Edited by Quinvy

There is a thread about this, with a neat video.

thanks for input guys - I've been doing the manual balancing bit, but never been sure that the numbers on the counter weight equate to the correct gram force, the end of the video advise that the scales could be useful to verify this, so for a tenner I'll probably get the scales..

cheers

alan

thanks for input guys - I've been doing the manual balancing bit, but never been sure that the numbers on the counter weight equate to the correct gram force, the end of the video advise that the scales could be useful to verify this, so for a tenner I'll probably get the scales..

cheers

alan

Would be interested to know how accurate the numbers are on the counterweight v scales. Keep us posted!

Comment now!

Comments are members only

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign in

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Related Soul Music Links

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.