becker154

Sooty Made It On To The Telly

TOP result 0-0 for Cambridge United last night against Manchester United it gave them awake up call and has given Cambridge a much needed financial boost getting the draw as much as a very slim chance but who knows funny game this football -

Been reading Van der Valk.s reaction to it, what a joke, saying the odds were always against them, pitch, opponents playing up than normal and even has a snide remark about the ref. At the end of the day Cambridge played well especially in the first half, they hung on in the second ,but good luck to them players and fans.

Won't bore u all in here....but for those interested I have done a 'report' of my Match day experience on me FB...Sooty Edwards...X

josh.jpg

ppamberarmy.jpg

...in essence...me flag went global...which was 'personal'.....and Josh whom i've known since aged 11...who missed the goal has won himself a ride in this....for missing....!!! Earned us anuver £1.5 MILLION at least.....he deserves it....!!!!!!x Oh...and my 'investment' owed over the past 7 years.....will be repaid in full...wiv interest......!! Had written that bu**er off....!!! How much is that Frank Wilson????.........hehe!!!x

@@
~
LUV
SOOTY
X

A SINCERE THANKS to you Soulies from in here and around the UK...and World actually....who made an effort to say 'good luck' before the game and since said well done....very much appreciated....X If you sent a text/FB notification....sorry if I don;t reply........583 texts on me phone unseen since the whistle blew....and will have to dump em all......init!!!!x

Josh's prize....usually reserved for Premiership player Hat Tricks......YEEEEHAAAAA!!!x

slr.jpg

...no Hat Trick required......a miss is fine.........off now.....cool as u like.......sort of.......!"!!x

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

.............OMG. OMFG......eeeease up Sootster.......okdokey.....leave forum......don't trip.......niiiice......hehe!x

....ahead of me time.....4 am day of the match.....paving the way for the Amber Army's march into Manchester....after a confident predictable draw...........!!!x

mancland.jpg

Edited by SOOTY

...err.....I think the MAJORITY of Manchester will be wiv us now SoulAndy.....they already wos before kick off.....!!!x I do stuff with the FITC and these guys are adamant......Amber all the way for the day!!!x

@@
~
LUV
SOOTY
X

cityfitc.jpg

...and ure players ain;t sure.....hehe!!!x

rooney.jpg

keane.jpg

becks.jpg

eric.jpg

....and NO...they ain't photoshopped......done at 4am in the morning of the game and met by 2 Husky Joe Lifeguards who came running out shouting U CANT DO THAT......and then realised it wos me....and laughed and said 'well urry up then Soots'!!!!x ON IT!!!!!x

manume.jpg

......aand some Leeds friends including a Leeds Man U fan...uh.....insisted on showing their support too....!!!!x AVE IT!!!!!!!x

leeds.jpg

@@
~
X

Edited by SOOTY

Love the FA cup. Cambridge did themselves proud and played well - utd didnt! :(. Wonder if any of the players would like to donate £38 for the ticket I have to find for the replay.  Middlesborough, Leicester and Bradford great results. Let's hope Rochdale can give Stoke a fright on Monday.

......and I can't forget these 'faithfuls' who I popped into on the day either!!!x

stokegirls.jpg

lindsey.jpg

....the effort I put in out there...is being repaid. There are over 200 clubs....Prem...league and Non League that 'know' of us........and it is payback time.....!x ...tune courtesy of Dave Flynn who put it on his Sweeter Than the Day Before album......which is where I first heard it.....!!!x

@@
~
LUV
SOOTY
X

Edited by SOOTY

Is it true that the Cambridge United players couldn't swap shirts unless they paid £45 for a new shirt to replace the one they had swapped.

Steve

K'nell Ste, that's makes the Cambridge shirts worth more that some of our players......

Enjoy the day sooty. If I still worked there I'd of been parking your coaches and could of had a chat. Did the car parks for 21 years and I've seen the changes. Although I haven't been inside the place for 10 years I practically lived there for 40 and seen it all. The lower teams usually only get one chance but the United of 2015 is as boring as the sexton years and I'm not into the philosophy of football, whatever that is, so you have a chance. I still hope we win 10-0 though :-)

Oh and I think you'll find that the majority of Manchester is red, but hey, myths are there to be believed :-)

Edited by soulandy

Great stuff from fellow football fans.....THANK YOU...X

Now....I know stuff from both camps....but also have a 'confidentiality' situation with both camps too......so I will say as is and u fill in the gaps.......!!x

Cambridge.......we will have pocketed around £2.2 Million after the replay as a result of this years FA Cup run. 

'We' have decided we will stay at The Abbey and redevelop. The move to a new Community stadium partnering the Duke of Westminster's firm Grosvenor....who own our ground presently....will not go ahead. There is not the let's say 'resources' in camp to pull it off....and time has run out. The FA Cup has given us a new option. Most Board members are there through 'respect' and time served these days....1 aged 83....2 aged 70 and the rest put in there for 'admin' purposes over the years and do as required efficiently. No 'sharp' uns 'in house'.......I made it a no pi** take zone 15 years ago.....chased em away and nobody has dared come near the place since........yawn! We will redevelop the Abbey to hold 10k in stages over the next 5 years. It'll do....and the current 'team' can 'manage' that project I feel.....without my 'intense' input. I need to be free of it...priorities. The space for the Community Stadium will now go to David Beckham's chain of Football Academy's and he will build one there. It was always a back up I had in reserve......sorted.

"Is it true that the Cambridge United players couldn't swap shirts unless they paid £45 for a new shirt to replace the one they had swapped."

....erm.....it was said to them yes Steve!x The turnstile operators had to pay for their tickets too.......!!! Of course I went ballistic. Leave em to do right without me....and they can't!!! Sigh. Shirts was able to be retrieved but the turnstile operators had began paying before I got involved....so horse bolted kinda thing. Man U did help by supplying their own stewards....kit for Mascots and a few other bits and bobs which saved CUFC about £10k......or a days wage for one of their players....init!

Right......Man U end. Hmmmm. Delicate as I have done business with the players since 1988....and the press will be reading this. A friend and I built an upmarket Wine Bar/Hotel in Manchester....1988. It attracted the 'young' rich....including Man U crew. We looked after them.....and that started my involvement with them and has been ongoing ever since. On top of that....my Cousin John lives in Manchester and has had close ties with the club for nearly 30 years.......you may know him Andy?!!x

Here are some of his SINCERE friends....and some of our 'mutual' interests.....

johnmont.jpg

Now....imagine the following......let's say a club was asked if a 'Political' ban could be lifted for this 1 occasion to allow that fan...and his disabled relative.....to go. Let's say that was done transparently and was public knowledge. I know it's hard to believe this hypothetical situation.....but let's now suggest they ignored the request....and 'the public' knew.

I have discovered over time that blood...is thicker than.....a football match. Rightly so.

Imagine the reaction to the above by 'family' members? U could easily imagine a Captain or leader/family member saying F*** EM....if u ain't going....I ain't...........init........

johnthanx.jpg

That would have happened about a week/10 days ago....in this imaginary.....fantasists world. But sometimes events overtake emotion....in the real world.

Fact....Man U recently added Valdez. I assume that created 'unrest'....it usually does.

It is 'leaked' somehow to the press by someone obviously close to the squad that Valdez will play in the Cambridge fixture. LVG....is rattled by the attention that prospect brings being mobbed by the press. He struggles to deal with it. Old hands in the team and ex hands.....may not have been happy.....often aren't. Sometimes players are bigger than the Manager too. It can lead to fights among the squad hours before a match as well.....honest!

Fact....Rooney is rested. He could insist....i;m sure. I informed my Board in advance that Rooney wouldn't be coming. They wos soooo dis-appointed as they wos looking forward to 'creaming' it...such a shame....for them. They should be more vocal....I reckon. So no 'leader'.....and yup....it's a mess.....as you all witnessed. Such unrest could cause the Manager to back track.....create a split within the coaching staff. Did u see Giggs speak to LVG during the game at any point? NO....just a co-incidence I imagine. Such feelings in a camp would show themselves in a warm up.....if they have one that would be deemed a warm up. They didn't....Giggsy was signing autographs.,,,and kicked a few balls back and forth. I would have been FUMING if our squad took such a 'casual' approach. Ours didn't.

YOU witnessed a leaderless lack luster uninterested performance. I put this in a closed group the day before the match for U's fans....

" I believe as a squad...and after listening to Richards words last night on 5 Live.....WE IS PREPARED. I also believe with all my knowledge from here....AND UP THERE....we are perhaps in the best position to be facing Man U...this week.....at this moment in time. I would not be surprised if we won either.. A draw....is what I am hoping for. But I know in any event based on Carlisle...Mansfield...Portsmouth...the games i;ve seen....big ones.......we did ourselves proud. HARASS THEM on the pitch and in the stands.....it is all we can do....and they will poo themselves....I reckon!!!!x "

We did as suggested....harassed them throughout. Job done. Yes...we could have won....but glad we didn't. Obviously.....none of the hypothetical fantasist comments I have made....made any difference in the real world......u on drugs or summink?.........!x

LUV
SOOTY
X

The cakes supplied by Mrs Rooney for John and I were luvly....I luv getting away from it all....and chillin' wiv me Cuz.....X

All of the above is utter bollo* of course...as my friends Maslar....Steve G and others will assert!!xx They is welcome.......as said....how much is that Frank Wilson???? I put £1000 on a 0-0 draw. £19k back. I don;t gamble....ever.......but it was a special occasion...in which I felt confident...............X

My Cuz wasn't impressed at the final whistle...hehe!x

endgame.jpg

Steve G is bang on with.......

"I don't think I take any of Sooty's posts seriously….but I sometimes think he actually believes them   :P"

.......I have too Mate....u don't!x 

@@
~

Edited by SOOTY

I recognize your cousin as I worked the disabled section of the car park for a few years. I left three seasons ago, fed up with things there. Used to chat to a few people but never got involved with things, a quiet lad, Did the job then went on me way. Enjoy it, I'll be screaming at me Tele no doubt :-)

Andy....everyone at my club....or any club that know of me....will tell you that folk like you COME FIRST....in my approach....end of. All our volunteers/poorly paid Stewards/Turnstile folk get my attention 'naturally'. It is a peoples business.....they are the 'front line' meeting the people. If your miserable because of unfair treatment or conditions.....then that is what will go into the people....before we've even missed a sitter!!! Can't have it. I only do 'happy places'. Like A/N's i used to organise.....shook hands with EVERY PUNTER....and indeed worked with staff and other Soul Clubs involved...as a 'TEAM'. I could walk into any football club.....or any 'club' for that matter....and show/teach or be paid handsomely as a Consultant to help them improve life and the first day before I met the Boss/Chairman or mogul....I would know the name of everyone they relied on....but didn't know it...or their names. Going to 27 schools suggests I had to make friends quick before I was off again......so I was 'prepared' in life to deal with 'people'.....but am amazed how many aren't. I ain;t 'special'....just do special things according to others.....without thought often. It is a way of life.....and we would get on mate....no probs...X

Now....HELP Andy!!!! I don;t drink. I don;t do pubs.....and know nowt 'locally' other than The Trafford. Where would you recommend for non hooli family fans to go for a pint without bother?I have a spot for parking when I visit so don;t know that craic either....any info would be appreciated mate so I can pass it on to the fans as 'reliable'....and safe....and where to avoid.....!!!X

I know where to get a burger Andy.......got me name on it already...hehe!!x

cafe.jpg

@@
~

LUV
SOOTY
X

...'ere Tattoo Dave.....THANK YOU.............I know it's hard....but u did it......a fellow Shireman and am touched....and I won;t mention the Capital ok.......!!!!x

@@
~
X

....I stole the FA Cup once!!!.......now who wos supposed to be looking after it with their lives as the Nation looked on to see them perform as good as we did Friday....? Who was supposed to be keeping it away from any Scumbridge low life sliding under the door........hmmmmm........my memory fades.........

....ive put the players extended version up for yer Dave......so u can relive those days........YONKS agooooooo......!!!hehe!!x Seriously mate.....we will do our best as the last representative in the area....for the area.......X

Edited by SOOTY

....blimey Dave......only done 3 years proper so far.......u is hard core....!!!x

@@
~
LUV
SOOTY
X

Bazza's alright....he just needs reminding whose patch it is occasionally....!!!x

fp1.jpg

....well I never Dave....I think u lasted longer than me!!!x I did a runner from a kids home circa '76/7 as we was at yours........BIG DAY couldn't miss it!!!x Police were looking for me everywhere! Hid in me mates Ford Capri boot all the way to yours.....sheesh!!!x In fact I remember Going To A Happening playing in the car.....LOUD!!!!! Got there....lads 'hid' me.....got in.......as lead singer I was hoisted high as we got in the crowd.....started the first song.....coppers came from everywhere...hehe!!x One each leg....one each arm....and one giving it Les Kellett on me head.....me suspended in the air struggling as the lads were trying to 'save' me!!! Bit of a stalemate which seemed to last for aaaages....then this copper....like a brain surgeon.....stood between me legs......he took his helmet off....and closed one eye.....watched him all the way.....he then did the tongue thing.....biting on it with his teeth...a some do when they is concentrating.......and grabbed me ba**s....with his finger and thumb....clinically.....I screamed OOOOOKKKKKAAAAAYYYYYY and stopped struggling! The players hadn't even arrived on the pitch yet....!!!! I was slung in a van. Well....a few minutes later a mate of mine is heading to the van struggling with 2 coppers one on each arm.....as they tried to open the door....he broke free....they legged it after him behind the stand......door wos open....so I legged it too all the way to the A1.......!! Some nice family picked me up....Salvation Army  devotees........and they wos just....nice! Went into town....knicked sunny and was returned back to the home that night.!!!!x No harm really.....and yes mate....we been there.....X

@@
~
LUV
SOOTY
X

Knicking the cup from under his nose makes me happier now I know wot u said....hehe!!!x

bazza.jpg

Edited by SOOTY

...well get some w**d maaaaan....leave the hatchet at home and COME ON DOOOOOWN!!!x

Date just been confirmed and is on BT sport........grooooans everywhere......I know i know.....it'd be nice if they got their telecoms sorted never mind pi**in about wiv telly!!!x

datefb.jpg

@@
~
LUV
SOOTY
X

P.S...we got 9000 ticckets....and will flog em....on it!!!x

Edited by SOOTY

.....so....Champions league final 'ere we come......!!!x Very happy with Preston or Sheffield Utd.....very happy....from football not financial point of view.....we can do it!x

My mate Carl here done the biz....with pride and passion and left em speechless........WOOOOHOOOOO!x A well groomed 'soldier'.....AMBER AAAAARMYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!x

@@
~
LUV
SOOTY
X

spotted this piece in the express today, interesting perspective on the smaller club.

have to admit, have followed Utd Red for over 40 years, and I am sooo dissapointed this season, they have been piss poor and actually make the early 80's Sexton side look interesting ( the other piss poor side, they had ), sure you remember, it goes like this... Side....Side.....Back......Forward.....Side..... Side.....Back.....................................,

Come to think of it, those are my dance steps ( interspersed with the old one, two, spinneroo, of course).

post-33922-0-10712100-1422379918_thumb.j

spotted this piece in the express today, interesting perspective on the smaller club.

have to admit, have followed Utd Red for over 40 years, and I am sooo dissapointed this season, they have been piss poor and actually make the early 80's Sexton side look interesting ( the other piss poor side, they had ), sure you remember, it goes like this... Side....Side.....Back......Forward.....Side..... Side.....Back.....................................,

Come to think of it, those are my dance steps ( interspersed with the old one, two, spinneroo, of course).

Agree totaly utd are dreadful at the moment and showing no signs of improvement ,lvg is winning nothing with this syle of football.That said utd will comfortably beat cambridge,there chance was last friday and they didnt take it.

Popped in and accepted me 'warning' to announce that we have sold our allocation....or requested allocation....!x My Board bottled it and settled for 6500 instead of 8500...had to be paid for in any event. We could have sold them as the count was at 5000 Friday before the weekend!! But we is off and ready for em....!!x Will take some pics and report back.......unless we win by a comfortable margin in which case I will be in shock and may not be compos mentis for a day or two....here's hoping for a monging....!!!....hehe!!x

@@
~

Enjoy the game all...and thank u fans and Clubs GB wide including Rangers and Celtic fans who wished us well yesterday.....fantastic!!x

LUV
SOOTY
X

The flag will be flying.....!!!x

ppamberarmy.jpg

Popped in and accepted me 'warning' to announce that we have sold our allocation....or requested allocation....!x My Board bottled it and settled for 6500 instead of 8500...had to be paid for in any event. We could have sold them as the count was at 5000 Friday before the weekend!! But we is off and ready for em....!!x Will take some pics and report back.......unless we win by a comfortable margin in which case I will be in shock and may not be compos mentis for a day or two....here's hoping for a monging....!!!....hehe!!x

@@

~

Enjoy the game all...and thank u fans and Clubs GB wide including Rangers and Celtic fans who wished us well yesterday.....fantastic!!x

LUV

SOOTY

X

The flag will be flying.....!!!x

ppamberarmy.jpg

Sooty. Enjoy your day mate. But I,m afraid you had your chance .Cant see anything but at least 4.0 for United

Steve

Agree totaly utd are dreadful at the moment and showing no signs of improvement ,lvg is winning nothing with this syle of football.That said utd will comfortably beat cambridge,there chance was last friday and they didnt take it.

Cambridge have surprised a few in the passed yeh Lvg hasn't sorted the team out and they should of lost really for how poor they played and has a way to go he will be out to prove a point tomorrow everything points to Cambridge getting a hiding but its the draw they wanted for money in the Bank either way its a win

Cambridge have surprised a few in the passed yeh Lvg hasn't sorted the team out and they should of lost really for how poor they played and has a way to go he will be out to prove a point tomorrow everything points to Cambridge getting a hiding but its the draw they wanted for money in the Bank either way its a win

utd were poor against cambridge but never looked like loseing it was a great result and well deserved for cu.A big payday for certain but i doubt there will be any shocks on the nite,but its the cup so never say say  never.

.....some stuff u won;t hear about......!!x I sorted 900 out for transport in total. Out of them....4 have lost tickets so far. 1 has lost his son for 3 days......2 have split or finished their relationship and need speperate buses......and a new one has just screeeamed as his mrs put his ticket thru the washing machine......!!!x Not bad outta 900!!x 

@@
~

I do believe we have a chance of a 'respectable' score. Of course they are capable of running away with it and over by half time. They do it in extra time...!!! BUT...I know enuff to be confident they ain;t 'together'. Going outta the FA Cup....to us....would be a real turning point in what I consider a fine balancing act that LVG is dealing with at present! He ain;t playing the squad he wants too....or a system the players and fans want. Voids....create opportunity. Dickie Dosh our Manager....has been on that 'void' and was before the last game....!!!x We is prepared as best can be is all I can say!x We lost Liam Hughes....lad came thru the kids and does well....he played on in the game at ours and as a result is out for several weeks. He pulled it outta the bag for us at Wembley....this woulda been his 'stage' I felt....c'est la vie!x So we is equal.....!!!!x

Enjoy the....err...spectacle?!x As you've rightly pointed out....we have won already....the hearts of the Nation but also in the bank. Anyone know where we can get cheap paint brushes to do the bogs???? Chairmans excited about that.......sigh. Had the pi** taken outta me wherever I go for that one.....!!!x

@@
~
LUV
SOOTY
X

10923516_10152498616301307_1795406401880

Edited by SOOTY

Enjoy it. You could of taken 20,000 tickets as it won't be a sell out. Mind you the way mufc sells tickets for cup games it will be a sell out.

I'll have me feet up for the second half

Thanx Andy...X Still in the mood of a Sunday afternoon after a nighter......!!!!!x

Just had this put my way!!x As i'm celebrating 40 years of being a Northern fan this year as well as a Cambridge fan.......this present has been priceless....honest!!!x I am gonna whack together a 'commemorative' utube film with behind the scenes and maverick stuff to hopefully share the joy we experienced with all!x I will sort the link when ts sorted!!x

cost.jpg

awayfans1.jpg

.....6,500....3k at the top and 350k at bottom. Man U 'hard core' said they have never heard owt like it this season...or for some time. Normally for League games there are only 3500 in the bottom right. We were in harmony and bouncing off each other throughout......awesome.....real proud.......X

LUV
SOOTY
X

74,000....an apparent record for this round????x Not all were there.....bought a ticket to qualify for next game but dint show etc...but......it looked full!!!x We.....SANG THEM OFF THE PARK.....X

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=714285712020545&fref=nf

The look of contentment....!x

contentmini.jpg

Edited by SOOTY

We'll go back to the normal 4kish average this year so far!x It was those that went.....we sold 2400 to Man U 'South' Division............!!!!!x

@@
~
LUV
SOOTY
X

I have done some 'write ups' as such on my FB page 'Sooty Edwards'....for those football fans wanting to have some behind the scenes 'chat'!x Some of it is quite sensitive....for others....so I leave it over there and it don't attract unwanted attention over 'ere...init!x Doin' sum house cleaning.......WoOOOOoooooOOOOOOoooOOOOOoo!!!!x

I have to confess too......it's 'managed'....me mate is the BT controller!!!x He knew where I was.....best seats available....as explained in me write ups!!!x Easy to spot...and spot others....well spotted all!!!x

Any football fan who is or has been where we are knows this Manure malarkey is.....beyond words. All I can say is it is the best present I could have hoped for for my 40th year celebrations as a U this FA Cup run topping with a 74000 replay at Old Trafford......unreal init?.....simple as. Thanx all for your genuine 'support'. Over 200 clubs were rooting for us Nationwide in ways and means. I fly the flag....FOR ALL....I/it had to be seen....init!!x The Tog Doc has surpassed 40,000 plays......GLOBALLY.......I have 'fans' out there to consider.......luv me......don't not press like b'cos it's me....!!!!!x

The look of contentment....X

10947318_10152507939486307_2501203566191

10685425_10152508957591307_3788122952087

10615542_10152508964441307_3914265008854

10984230_10152508973471307_2109340972223

10959459_10152508960596307_5798487308354

@@
~
LUV
SOOTY
X

Thanx Winnie...X Totally different game if that 3 minute post had of init Dave!!!!x It would have been nice to have scored yup....but....we played well and din't have the p taken. Din;t care if we did either!!!x Overall....a FA Cup story that will be repeated....not many hold Man U at our end of life init!!x

I have been told from Man U end that actual attendance was with just 3000 empty seats!! So only a couple of thousand didn't show.....!! If we filled the Abbey with that many.....you would hear the singing in Newcastle...!!! Amazing 'silence' and only 3 or 4 times did a rumbling of noise come from anywhere....after the 2nd goal!!!!x I see it at all the Pem Clubs. I had loads of pics taken outside with 'tourists' from all over the world having a 'Man U' experience! Chelsea I sit among first timers....wherever I sit!! West Ham not so bad....Arsenal.....nobody knows anybody....!!!! Horrible stuff considering the numbers involved. I remember in the 60's going to Hull and Middlesboro and the whole GROUND sung in unison! We do well at Cambridge....I began life there as a lead singer based on Grimsby Towns induction it gave me ts a 11/12/13 year old....and invested it into United as a 15/16/17 year old and it's a tradition I encourage and try to set an example to the fans for to this day!!x Why not!!x

I sing on the dance floor too....if i know all the words......!!!x

http://youtu.be/Ucj4UTW-IR8?list=UUzdEGZLeRkfvIw3TDiAnhKw

@@
~
LUV
SOOTY
X

Edit....dunno if this will work...!x

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=714285712020545&set=vb.432668273515625&type=2&theater

Edited by SOOTY

Comment now!

Comments are members only

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign in

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Related Soul Music Links

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.