Pete S

Plumbing Problem, Can Anyone Help

Anyone tell me what I need to do here please?  When our toilet is flushed, water comes out of the bath plughole and the toilet fills up with water.  It eventually goes out of the toilet but the bath water doesn't flow away.  Obviously there's a blockage somewhere but the wierd thing is, it doesn't happen all the time.  I use a plunger on the bath and water spurts out of the overflow and after about 10 minutes the water drains away.  Is this something I can fix myself somehow, or will I have to get Dyna Rod or someone like that in?

n.b. I haven't been plunging the toilet just the bath, DOH

Edited by Pete S

Very hard to say too much without seeing what your set up is, but my guess is the blockage is a little way down the line after the toilet. That's why it doesn't do it all the time, it can manage a flush or two, before it's backed up again. Would I be right in saying this is on the ground floor? I reckon a plumber would be your first port of call, he'd give you an idea what's needed.

Ok, cheap fix, if it's just a blockage. 'One Shot' Drain Cleaner @ £6 ( Basically Sulphuric Acid ) from your local DIY or Hardware shop. Pour it down the bath plughole ( carefully )and leave it for half an hour. Then run the bath taps. If that fails I wouldn't get Dyno-rod, a local drain lad (Yellow Pages) will be cheaper. The Drain Cleaner is hard to use if you suspect the blockage is in the bog, but shit usually finds it's own level lower down. It's worth chucking £6 at !

Edited by Dave Ward

Comment now!

Comments are members only

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign in

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Adverts

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.