Sherri Taylor

Zanetti

To answer the original question I think that the later pressing is rarer. There have been loads of the Gloreco sold over the past 3 years - I'm just surprised that it still commands a high price. Still a brilliant record though but I'm waiting till the  price falls.

The price has fallen considerably with one going for not much more than £200 yesterday. Brad Hales turned up a sizeable quantity a couple of years ago with the first auctioning for about $750. A PG copy sold for a goodly sum a few months ago suggesting this might be an alternative issue. Until the Gloreco hoard came to light, this was the scarcer version: now the PG is relatively scarcer but the doubts surrounding it are justified until someone can verify its origin. I would like to hear John's view of the PG release as there is a story behind it.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

I was around when the Gloreco record was released. I used to drive to Detroit 2 Saturdays a month, to look for records.  I saw the Gloreco record several times.  In all my years of flipping through millions of 45s from 1963 to 1972 (Gloreco was 1963), I NEVER saw the PG record.  The type font implies that the PG record was pressed in the late '70s.  So, I suspect that it is a boot, or a late '70s repressing by the owner of the master. The mis-spelling makes me lean towards it being a boot.

Edited by RobbK
  • Helpful 2
Social source share

I was around when the Gloreco record was released. I used to drive to Detroit 2 Saturdays a month, to look for records.  I saw the Gloreco record several times.  In all my years of flipping through millions of 45s from 1963 to 1972 (Gloreco was 1963), I NEVER saw the PG record.  The type font implies that the PG record was pressed in the late '80s.  So, I suspect that it is a boot, or a late '70s repressing by the owner of the master. The mis-spelling makes me lean towards it being a boot.

:thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  Top! Thx Rob

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!