Splitters

Guest in town Mikey

Guest in town Mikey

Just saw this phrase written about a rock record on the work music chatroom:

"Yeah but Wind of Change actively encourages me to lash out at passers-by with a mallet, and maim squirrels. Surely that's worse? " :):):)

What Northern Soul splits the scene right down the middle.

I would say Joey De lorenzo.

Superb tune IMHO, but others differ smile.gif

Social source share

• Replies 11
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Johnny One Trout

The Crow - Your autumn of tomorrow - never known anyone not to either love it or hate it...I love it (surprisingly enough)

link

Whoooaaaa you could have knocked me down with a feather (if i didn't already know that wink.gif )

I had contemplated putting forward The Futures or Gayle Adams but both have surely had their day now (thank Fug) So i would like to Offer up Dean Barlow and the truly atrocious "Turd Window from the right" for some strange reason people like this record but i know that i am not alone in despising it and laughing out loud and pointing like a pointy man at people who admit that they like it never mind dance to it :):)laugh.gif:)laugh.gif:P

Obviously this is meant to be recieved in the lightheated way that it was intended, please don't take offence if you do like it..............................................................................

......seek therapy :D:lol:

Trouty

Social source share

Whoooaaaa you could have knocked me down with a feather (if i didn't already know that  wink.gif )

I had contemplated putting forward The Futures or Gayle Adams but both have surely had their day now (thank Fug) So i would like to Offer up Dean Barlow and the truly atrocious "Turd Window from the right" for some strange reason people like this record but i know that i am not alone in despising it and laughing out loud and pointing like a pointy man at people who admit that they like it never mind dance to it  :)   :)   laugh.gif   :)   laugh.gif   :P

Obviously this is meant to be recieved in the lightheated way that it was intended, please don't take offence if you do like it..............................................................................

......seek therapy  :D   :lol:

Trouty

link

Absolutely the worst record played in the last 5 years.

Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

Why is it when I read the title of this thread all I can think of is the Popular People's Front Of Judae? :)

SPLITTER :)   laugh.gif   :)

link

tried to come up with a spoof of that, after writing the title, and failed miserably laugh.gif

What's Northern Soul ever done for us hey?

(is this another thread?)

Social source share

Why is it when I read the title of this thread all I can think of is the Popular People's Front Of Judae? :)

SPLITTER :)   laugh.gif   :)

link

Don't you mean the Judea Peoples Popular Front ?

Social source share

I have to be fair and honest. Being someone who likes 50s music and other styles, I can't rightfully say that I hate the Dean Barlow, the Larry Trider, the Bobby Day or the Barbara Redd 45s for that matter. I like those records. But then again, I also like rockabilly music and lots of other things.

BUT....as far as I'm concerned, these songs have no business being played at a northern soul do. Within their own genres, they're good, but trying to pass them off as northern puts a whole new spin on it, therefore causing people to not like these songs. There's a time and a place for things and when people hear a song that he/she feels doesn't belong, it's easy to feel like your "northern soul intelligence" has been insulted. You hear it and you're like "f*** off" that's not northern soul", you know?

If I went to a popcorn do in Belgium, those songs would fit right in and work well. But when I'm going out with the intention of hearing northern soul...I want to hear northern soul.

But don't forget...northern soul always evolves and changes. That's what I like about it. Being a trailblazer with some totally off-the-wall sounds takes balls. It's just that sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. That's what I gather.

KTF,

Jas

ps. "Turd Window From the Right"-that's pretty funny. Someone else called it "Third Window From the Bin".

Northern Soul-HELL NO!

Belgian-DEFINITELY!

Worth the Amount of Money People are Paying?-NO...NO...NO...AND..........NO!

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!