Tunes That Can Bring You To Tears

Jazz

Not sure if been posted before but are there any tunes that can bring you to. Tears for me as I'm a soppy old lad lol four top ask the lonely . It will never be over for me timi yuro . Not soul but Eva Cassidy over the rainbow go ahead show your emotions people

Social source share

Patrice Holloway - Stolen Hours

Linda Jones - Just Can't Live My Life

But probably most of all Rita and the Tiaras - Gone With The Wind Is My Love, only because she sang a cappella to a handful of us fortunate to be in the studio when she was being interviewed at Prestatyn, and Kev Moore managed to get her to sign a record sleeve for me, yippee!

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Must agree with you on Four Tops -  Ask The Lonely - was the ever a better record put to vinyl?

if there is I'd like to hear it - quite simply THE best record ever made (alongside Marvin's "What's Going On" of coarse, oh and Marvin's "Save The Children"

Yes, "Ask the lonely" is a good choice. Would add these :

Impressions - I've been trying

Aretha Franklin - Baby baby baby

Billy Butler - Let her love me

and doubtless a few others I can't recall now....

• Helpful 1
Social source share

About 4 years ago, I had travelled to friday and saturday gigs to catch up and mingle with old mates. Sunday just flowed along like rest of the long weekend, catching glimpses and stories in a continued phase that I never wanted to end.

Monday morning comes and I head back to the slog of work, reminiscing. Mobile phone popped into ears as the music player honed random mp3s into my ears as I weaved the alleys on course to a humdrum day.

This song hit me as the strings introduced, the female vocals instructed me that her words were genuine, was that rain?

A tear nips out from the corner of my eye, I feel the emotion, the words......and the depth.

Almeta Lattimore - These Memories

Love the record and the voice.

Social source share

Ever since some one posted this up last year I've listened to this daily and it gets to me ever time,I know for some the Dells version is the one

but for me it's Joss Stone

The Love We Had (Stays On My Mind) (Official Video):

Social source share

Didn't we do this to death a short while ago?

Oh and stop embedding YouTube clips, it makes it impossible to read the thread for people on phones and tablets. If you must share your favourites just paste the link. P-L-E-A-S-E

Edited by Quinvy
Social source share

About 4 years ago, I had travelled to friday and saturday gigs to catch up and mingle with old mates. Sunday just flowed along like rest of the long weekend, catching glimpses and stories in a continued phase that I never wanted to end.

Monday morning comes and I head back to the slog of work, reminiscing. Mobile phone popped into ears as the music player honed random mp3s into my ears as I weaved the alleys on course to a humdrum day.

This song hit me as the strings introduced, the female vocals instructed me that her words were genuine, was that rain?

A tear nips out from the corner of my eye, I feel the emotion, the words......and the depth.

Almeta Lattimore - These Memories

I play this at all the time at ATB Soul....what a tune.

BArry 

Social source share

Love Committee - I Made A Mistake

Bobby Womack - How Could You Break My Heart

Carol Anderson - Sad Girl

David Ruffin- I've Gotta Find Myself a Brand New Baby

Linda Jones - I Just Can't Live My Life

Five epic slabs of solid gold soul, that epitomise emotion.

Edited by John Everard
Social source share

im very low at the moment but i could never listen to don ray - born a loser always used to blub like  a baby when i was going through seperation..

one from ian levines podcasts - when i wake up in the morning 

any bobby goldsborough inc honey and autumn of my life - just too sad for words

Social source share

5 that instantly spring to mind;

Chino Feaster..You're so much woman

Curtis Mayfield.. The making of you

Eloise Laws..Lets find those two people again

John Okera Hightower..I cant have you

Nolan Chance...I'll never forget you

Always succeed in choking me up !!

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Harry Starr Another time Another Place.

Harry and the Cavars If this is Goodbye.

Lenny O henry Mr Moonlight.

3 powerful Soul Sounds to touch your Emotions.

Keep on trucking Mick Lyons

Don't forget  Darrell Banks I'm the one who loves you

David Ruffian Walk Away From Love

So Many So much choice.

ML.

Social source share

Guest UPTITE U250A

Quite rightly,one with eny soul would cite the Four Tops ask the lonely...but as tastes rarely if ever co-incide,for me I have to admit it is the incredible atmospheric rendition by Bobby Rio ask the lonely,that rips the emotions...and a couple of tearful :ohmy: oldies

290582052132.jpg67716.jpg330608258216.jpg390641992480.jpghqdefault.jpg

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!