Looking For Old Northern Soul Video On Youtube - Help Needed

Guest nightswimming

Guest nightswimming

Hello everyone, 

I'm looking for an old northern soul video on youtube, I first saw it in 2008 but my old laptop broke and I haven't been able to find it ever since. It is an excerpt from a film set in the late Sixties or Seventies (if I remember correctly, it might possibly be the biography of a soul music figure?), under 4 minutes long. The soundtrack is the beautiful 'Queen of Fools' by Barbara Mills, although I don't know whether it was part of the original film scene or only added in the youtube version. The video shows a young man walking down a dark street, then entering a club; a girl is DJing, and as he starts dancing they look at each other with affection across the dancefloor. 

I know it's a long shot, but I would be very grateful if anyone could help me identify the video or maybe the film it might come from.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Social source share

• Replies 2
  • Views 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Guest nightswimming

I just found the film and yes, that's precisely the scene I remembered! It turns out the song featured in the film is different from the one in the youtube video. Thank you very much, have a nice day!

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!