Bobbie Smith

Orotava

Guest UPTITE U250A

Demo's or issues not rare at all £70 to £100 imo

What's "rare" about this record?

Rob Smith used to seell stuff like this at £0.30p

Rudzy was £0.50p

Hardly stupifying.

John Manship was selling Ujima's for £3,Mel Williams "sweet girl of mine" BUDDAH £3....etc etc etc take your pick from a wall rack of 10,000++++ 70Ts 45's...Northern Soul 60Ts....well,£20 was a "biggie" then....

WTF....???

Now...??? :lol:

Social source share

What's "rare" about this record?

Rob Smith used to seell stuff like this at £0.30p

Rudzy was £0.50p

Hardly stupifying.

John Manship was selling Ujima's for £3,Mel Williams "sweet girl of mine" BUDDAH £3....etc etc etc take your pick from a wall rack of 10,000++++ 70Ts 45's...Northern Soul 60Ts....well,£20 was a "biggie" then....

WTF....???

Now...??? :lol:

Yes, and the bus fare into town used to be 40p, bloody £1.50 now :(

Social source share

Try Barrow-In-Furness, Penrith & Kendal Neil theres a few from around those parts that wouldn't thank you for just mentioning Carlisle!! Lol!! :thumbsup:

Might well be Workington John, Whitehaven in fact. Anyway, apologies to all Cumbrians outside Carlisle.....

KTF you lot :D

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest Aaron Darcy

Have to say this guy does get great prices for his records. I paid less than £100 for my copy, last year.

Dodgy prices ...dodgy guy , he or she gets mates to bid on records they are not real bids in million years , i could be wrong though

Edited by Aaron Darcy
Social source share

Dodgy prices ...dodgy guy , he gets his mates to bid on his records they are not real bids in million years.

But - he'd still have to pay out to ebay at the end of each auction so the fees must be massive.

Some of the prices make the JM auctions look cheap though.  Like world one-off prices, Dynamics pressing for instance, £5 off me, £50 off ebay

Social source share

Aaron Darcy, on 10 Feb 2015 - 04:18 AM, said:snapback.png

Dodgy prices ...dodgy guy , he gets his mates to bid on his records they are not real bids in million years.

Serious question - how do you know that

If that's true not only would he have to pay Ebay's fees and I reckon that's in the £1000s now and even if he cancelled every sale to get his fees back wouldn't take Ebay to sus that out. I actually bought one of his records and I have to say at a fair price, I was, going on historical bidding, expecting it to go for far more.

But as the questioner asked "how do you know that ?"

Social source share

Guest UPTITE U250A

Yes, and the bus fare into town used to be 40p, bloody £1.50 now

that's sad indeed :ohmy: ..but look on the good side,you obviously stacked up on these records when they were fetching their real worth -think to those poor collectors paying telephone numbers prices today for unrare records and bootlegs... :thumbup:

Social source share

Guest Aaron Darcy

But - he'd still have to pay out to ebay at the end of each auction so the fees must be massive.

Some of the prices make the JM auctions look cheap though.  Like world one-off prices, Dynamics pressing for instance, £5 off me, £50 off ebay

Once the auction has ended anyone can contact the buyer or mates who have bid on an item to cancel the transaction  with what ever reason , the final selling fees are then refunded back to the seller , so massive fees are paid to Ebay

Social source share

Once the auction has ended anyone can contact the buyer or mates who have bid on an item to cancel the transaction  with what ever reason , the final selling fees are then refunded back to the seller , so massive fees are paid to Ebay

And I guess the seller, now that the bids have been cancelled, can offer it to the second highest legitimate bidder....

not accusing anyone of anything, just trying to work out the situation

Social source share

Guest Aaron Darcy

Serious question - how do you know that

And I guess the seller, now that the bids have been cancelled, can offer it to the second highest legitimate bidder....

not accusing anyone of anything, just trying to work out the situation

Correct Pete , just look at Jerry Williams £410 ,Sparkels promo--£640 ,Bobby Angelles--£505 all these ended on 8th Feb , i can never see  JW  selling for £410 or the others going for that kind of money.

Not accusing anyone though

Edited by Aaron Darcy
Social source share

that's sad indeed :ohmy: ..but look on the good side,you obviously stacked up on these records when they were fetching their real worth -think to those poor collectors paying telephone numbers prices today for unrare records and bootlegs... :thumbup:

Ha, yes. I have lots of records i bought at realistic prices back in the day but i also pay vastly inflated prices today

like a lot of us do :)

Social source share

You can do that once or twice but Ebay aren't stupid, my niece did that and Ebay kicked her off.

Social source share

You can do that once or twice but Ebay aren't stupid, my niece did that and Ebay kicked her off.

Exactly.

Clearly, the paying-vastly-over-the-top-morons are fed up waiting for JM's auctions to finish once a week, they're moved to Ebay to get rid of their dosh several times a week.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest UPTITE U250A

Ha, yes. I have lots of records i bought at realistic prices back in the day but i also pay vastly inflated prices today

like a lot of us do :)

OK that is very forthright of you to say so.As you say,and we all know,prices are vastly inflated why and how have they become so? :g: Why do you continue to pay knowingly in excess of their "percieved" value? :ohmy: Just curious.Could not understand the corralation with the bus fare increase -overpriced records are not due to inflation! :lol:

Social source share

OK that is very forthright of you to say so.As you say,and we all know,prices are vastly inflated why and how have they become so? :g: Why do you continue to pay knowingly in excess of their "percieved" value? :ohmy: Just curious.Could not understand the corralation with the bus fare increase -overpriced records are not due to inflation! :lol:

Perceived (i b4 e except after c), correlation :thumbsup: Various reasons why prices are what they are my friend, and you are right inflation isn't a factor. I buy and sell both at a loss and gain, i couldn't begin to say whether or not i'm "in profit". :)

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!