New Northern List - All Originals - Some Rare

Pete S

NEW LIST

PETE SMITH

01902 326306

pete.smith@freeuk.com

HI, HERE’S ANOTHER LIST OF NICE ORIGINALS, AS ALWAYS THESE HAVE BEEN PLAY GRADED, FOR THOSE WHO STILL CAN’T GET A HANDLE ON THIS — IF I SAY THAT THE RECORD LOOKS VERY GOOD BUT ACTUALLY PLAYS MINT — THEN IT DOES!  IT WILL BE PRICED ACCORDINGLY — NOT AS A MINT RECORD BUT AS SOMEWHERE INBETWEEN VG AND MINT.  A RECORD CAN LOOK LIKE IT CAME OUT OF A SKIP AND STILL PLAY SUPERBLY.  I SHOULD KNOW, MOST OF MY COLLECTION LOOKS LIKE THAT…WITH MOST OF THEM IT’S THE INTROS THAT HAVE A LITTLE NOISE

LABELS ARE CLEAN UNLESS STATED.  ONLY THE A SIDE (THE NORTHERN SIDE) IS GRADED

ALL ARE USA ORIGINALS

THE SOUL MATES — I GET A FEELING — ERA DEMO                                                                         EX            15

Male / female duet dancer

LEE ANDREWS & THE HEARTS — NEVER THE LESS — CRIMSON                                              EX            60

Still a massive revive floorfiller

NANCY WILSON — THE END OF OUR LOVE — CAPITOL                                                                  VG++      15

Little bit of crackle on the intro

DON GARDNER — MY BABY LIKES TO BOOGALOO — TRU GLO TOWN                                    EX            70

Huge record this last few years

THE MIGHTY MARVELOWS — TALKIN BOUT YA BABY — ABC                                                      EX            15 SOLD

Really is one of the best cheapies you can buy

BEVERLY McKAY — HE’LL NEVER CHANGE — SUE                                                                             EX            30

Another quality dancer from this great label

THE POPPIES — THERE’S A PAIN IN MY HEART — EPIC W/DEMO                                           EX-           70 SOLD

Would have been 100 but for 5 or 6 pops during the first verse, nice WD though

AL WILSON — THE SNAKE — LIBERTY W/DEMO                                                                                EX-           25

Rare demo — has a little cue burn and a hairline crack in the run off, not on the actual playing surface, doesn’t affect play in the slightest and to be honest, barely noticeable unless you have a magnifying glass                                                  

JERRY WILLIAMS — IF YOU ASK ME — CALLA WD 73                                                                         EX-           25 SOLD

Stone classic — 1973 release — white demo — tiny wol (a small star)

PAL RAKES & THE PROPHETS — CAN’T DENY THE HURT — VERVE DEMO                         EX            30

Not the same copy as I had the other week, this one’s better

SYLVIA ST. CLAIRE — JUST LOVE ME — BRUNSWICK DEMO                                                          EX            100

Two great sides on this one, dancer and beat ballad — stamped on the label something like Collector Edition from the library of..

THE GOSPEL CLASSICS — MORE LOVE, THAT’S WHAT WE NEED — CHECKER DEMO  

DJ Copy and Not For Sale have been blacked out unfortunately — plays EX+                      EX-           80 SOLD

JOHNNY MOORE — LONELY IN THE HEART OF THE CITY — BLUE ROCK                              EX            30

Tiniest of crackle at the start — I can only hear it because I have spider-senses

THERESA LINDSEY — GOTTA FIND A WAY — CORREC TONE                                                                        EX            20

One of the best copies I’ve seen apart from the fact someone drew a line through the title!  Atlantic distributed issue.

TOMMY MOSLEY — EXIT LONELINESS ENTER LOVE — ERA DEMO                                         EX            30

Got spins a few years back — nice dancer     

JOAN REGAN — DON’T TALK TO ME ABOUT LOVE — COLUMBIA DEMO                                 EX            40

Not as you’d suspect a UK production, it’s a Charles Calello project

NEW HOLIDAYS — MY BABY AIN’T NO PLAYTHING — WESTBOUND DEMO                        EX            100

Big record these days — rare too — Popcorn Wylie and Tony Hester masterpiece.  Few light marks not affecting play.

HAL DRIGGERS — YOU CAN TELL BY THE WAY THEY WEAR THEIR HAIR — STAR TIME EX          20

Two really fast sides — Gotta Have Somebody To Love sounds like an Atlantic dancer a la Picket, Burke

BARBARA LYNN — TAKE YOUR LOVE AND RUN — JET STREAM                                                  EX            20

First issue of this classic

THE 7 SONS — ON THE RUN — VTI W/DEMO                                                                                       EX-           20

Male version of “The Accents”

THE LOLLIPOPS — LOVE IS THE ONLY ANSWER — RCA W/DEMO                                            EX-           25

Lost count of how many copies of this I’ve bought for myself — brilliant girl group dancer            

CISSY HOUSTON — I JUST DON’T KNOW WHAT TO DO WITH MYSELF — JANUS                EX            30

Great version

TONY WILLIAMS — HOW COME — PHILIPS DEMO                                                                             EX            75

Excellent early 60’s dancer from the leader of The Platters - rare

VITO & THE SALUTATIONS — I’D BEST BE GOING — SANDBAG                                                   EX            50

Brilliant, still a lesser known oldie but what a great vocal group record

BROTHERS GUIDING LIGHT — GETTING TOGETHER — MERCURY                                            EX-           100

Nice issue copy, few paper scuffs and I think I heard one pop otherwise lovely — rarer version minus the ‘featuring David’ credit

THE NATURAL GAS — FEEL IT IN YOUR HEART — MY                                                                       EX-           25 SOLD

Okay hands up time, I’ve no idea what this is or when it was played, sounds like two blue eyed tracks to me

DIANE CUNNINGHAM — CERTAIN KIND OF LOVER — FONTANA                                               M-             30

Classy dancer.  Small sticker on label.

THE HERBS — NEVER NEVER (WILL I FALL IN LOVE) — SMOKE                                                 EX-           40

Good double sider — b/w “Question” — few cosmetic marks not affecting play

DEL CAPRIS — HEY LITTLE GIRL — RONJERDON                                                                                EX-           25 SOLD

Now forgotten oldie from the Cats, early Wigan days.  Two little pops near start.

KIM WESTON — A  THRILL A MOMENT — GORDY                                                                               EX            75

Really nice copy.  Drill hole in label.

EARL VAN DYKE — SOUL STOMP — SOUL                                                                                                EX            20

Shame it’s not on UK…wol

THE ARTISTICS — HOPE WE HAVE — BRUNSWICK                                                                            EX            25

Small mark on vinyl not affecting play — plays mint

THE ARTISTICS — GIRL I NEED YOU — BRUNSWICK                                                                          EX            20

Beautiful Chicago soul, top copy

COUPLE OF BRITISH THINGS

THE MIGIL 5 — ONE HUNDRED YEARS — PYE                                                                                      EX            40

You may have heard this on the last podcast — a surprisingly excellent early 60’s dancer

SARAH VAUGHAN — SMOOTH OPERATOR — MERCURY DEMO                                                  M-             40

Common as hell on an issue but this is a very, very rare UK white demo, great track too.  Never had one before.

ERNESTINE ANDERSON — MY LOVE WILL LAST — MERCURY                                                     EX            25

Not sure what category this fits in but it’s a very cool one sided Mercury white label test pressing — 18th November 1959 — 4 months before I was even born!

UK POSTAGE IS £2.50 FOR THE FIRST THREE ITEMS THEN 30p EACH EXTRA AFTER

SPECIAL DELIVERY £7.10

OVERSEAS, WILL QUOTE

PAYPAL TO pete.smith@freeuk.com

CHEERS

Edited by Pete S
Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 0
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply