Sammy

Is This Tune Known? Id Anyone?

Oh, now I see Ian... Kind of a messy production and drumbeat...

Grant: If you remember about the female version please let me know what that is...

Always a sucker for triple-time disorderly tracks like this. I like it, whatever it is.

It's one of those tracks where the group borrows from different genres of the day - soul and garage in this instance (the vocalist sounds as if he could be white or Latino) - and mashes them up in a frenzied musical attack on the senses.

The dull but deep background noise makes me think it was recorded from an acetate. Is that right?

Always a sucker for triple-time disorderly tracks like this. I like it, whatever it is.

It's one of those tracks where the group borrows from different genres of the day - soul and garage in this instance (the vocalist sounds as if he could be white or Latino) - and mashes them up in a frenzied musical attack on the senses.

The dull but deep background noise makes me think it was recorded from an acetate. Is that right?

Yes agree latino feel to it,maybe a Teardrop release.Dont hear Ohio Players in it.

It's not from acetate. It's a proper release.

I wasn't asking whether it was an *unreleased* track only available on an acetate, just whether my suspicion that it sounded like it was recorded from one was right or not. At least we now know it's available as a 45. ;-)

Comment now!

Comments are members only

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign in

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Related Soul Music Links

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.