Steve S 60

Office Of National Statistics

Just had a questionnaire posted to my company from the ONS.  The survey is about low carbon and renewables and has apparently been sent out to 40,000 companies.  It is apparently mandatory and you can be fined for not completing it.  I phoned the number given and asked what it had to do with my company, as I do not do business in this sector.  The young lady admitted that they had taken a scatter gun approach and chosen companies they thought might be part of that sector.  My company has "Engineering" in the title.  She told me I just had to mark "None of the above" at the bottom of page 5, then fill in my details on page 14, and return it in the pre-paid envelope.

"How about you do a nil return for me while I've got you on the phone, and we can try and reduce the rather large carbon footprint you've started by printing 40,000 15 page questionnaires and covering letters, and then posting them to companies you think are part of the renewable energy sector?  Good lass."

"Er, OK".

Comment now!

Comments are members only

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign in

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Adverts

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.