You Can Never Have Too Much Vinyl

Guest chipsman

Guest chipsman

You can never have too much vinyl but the enough money to finance it , thats' another matter.Isn't it always the case , when money is tight there is always something you've been searching for but when your abit flush nothing . So , here's the deal ,out of the blue the 'vinyl genie' appears and thrusts in your sweaty palm £700 what you gonna spend it on ? Blow it on one , once in a lifetime purchase or go for quantity , northern or modern, current play or oldie ? The doors wide open.

Social source share

• Replies 20
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

You can never have too much vinyl but the enough money to finance it , thats' another matter.Isn't it always the case , when money is tight there is always something you've been searching for but when your abit flush nothing . So , here's the deal ,out of the blue the 'vinyl genie' appears and thrusts in your sweaty palm £700 what you gonna spend it on ? Blow it on one , once in a lifetime purchase or go for quantity , northern or modern, current play or oldie ? The doors wide open.

I like the idea of going for quantity, especially if they're unknown (to me) but these days space doesn't permit so I'd have to go for a couple of exspensive things myself. Northern/modern oldie I guess as I'm not up on the current stuff, then again if I could hear it first........!

Nice thread Chipsman.

Edited by soul shrews
Social source share

Guest chipsman

I like the idea of going for quantity, especially if they're unknown (to me) but these days space doesn't permit so I'd have to go for a couple of exspensive things myself. Northern/modern oldie I guess as I'm not up on the current stuff, then again if I could hear it first........!

Nice thread Chipsman.

I'm torn between a one off purchase along the lines of The Ivory's , Donna Coleman or Tobi Legend , the Timi Yuro on e-bay last week ,now that would have been nice or a hand full of lesser priced items.
Social source share

Guest chipsman

I would offer it all to mr Andy 'realy nice man' Dyson,,,,for Johnny Barnes :yes:

Nice choice but would you get the same response if you where to play it ?

Social source share

Guest NASHEE

Nice choice but would you get the same response if you where to play it ?

I only get offered spots at the type of venues where that sort of record would be REALLY apreciated :yes:

Social source share

Guest soul stormers

I'm torn between a one off purchase along the lines of The Ivory's , Donna Coleman or Tobi Legend , the Timi Yuro on e-bay last week ,now that would have been nice or a hand full of lesser priced items.

hi i swap you a mint copy of the ivory's for a nice copy of LITTLE TOMMY BABY CAN'T YOU SEE :yes:

Social source share

Guest Roccia

Just one rare oldie for me, please... But i think 700 quid aren't enough for those I REALLY want... :thumbsup:

Roccia

Social source share

First I would book a train ticket to London and go and buy the manolos that I've seen.... then I'd pop into Agent Provocoteur and spend the rest on lingerie. :thumbsup:

When I got back home I would then buy a couple of £200 - £300 tunes on my husbands credit card (no change there then :ohmy: )

Social source share

Guest chipsman

I only get offered spots at the type of venues where that sort of record would be REALLY apreciated :thumbsup:

Quality counts , respect shown. whistling.gif

Social source share

Guest chipsman

I go for quantity,specially obscurities in modern or deep soul

Anything inparticular , always open to broadening my horizons.

Social source share

Guest chipsman

First I would book a train ticket to London and go and buy the manolos that I've seen.... then I'd pop into Agent Provocoteur and spend the rest on lingerie. whistling.gif

When I got back home I would then buy a couple of £200 - £300 tunes on my husbands credit card (no change there then :thumbsup: )

Agent Provocoteur hey !! may be the vinyl genie should up his handout, seriously ican think of someone who'd get a couple of compilations and disappear up the ' shops' .
Social source share

Guest chipsman

Just one rare oldie for me, please... But i think 700 quid aren't enough for those I REALLY want... whistling.gif

Roccia

Thats the same for us all i should think but £700 covers alot of alternatives.
Social source share

Guest soul stormers

you can have my mint of the ivorys please stay for £700 whistling.gif

Social source share

Guest Roccia

Right. I'd say a Troy Dodds on El Camino would be ok...

Roccia

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!