Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Pete Eccles

Showbox

Has anyone used the Showbox app on Android?  Had any problems?

My son has switched to Android from IOS just so he can use this app to watch films, only when trying to download the app there are warnings as to it's safety, doesn't seem to worry him but he is younger and more cavalier than I  :D

Is it even legal?

Could have used moviebox on IOS, works great...wouldn't trust anything on android

He will no doubt be aware of moviebox, he and his mates are film mad, and not much gets past these young fellas these days, I'll ask him though

Ian, is there any chance you could run that by me again, in idiot proof lingo?

Pete just tell your son what Ian said, do so in a confident manner, with a tone inferring anyone who does not understand it is a dinosaur ... if he don't understand there is no way he will admit it and make it look as if his old man knows more about current technology than he does ... trust me Pete it works every time with my lad  :D 

Edited by martyn pitt

Pete just tell your son what Ian said, do so in a confident manner, with a tone inferring anyone who does not understand it is a dinosaur ... if he don't understand there is no way he will admit it and make it look as if his old man knows more about current technology than he does ... trust me Pete it works every time with my lad  :D 

Martyn there seems to be a bit of a misunderstanding here, I'm not asking for my lad, he can look after himself and he's not too bothered anyway, I'm asking because when I try to download it there are warnings involved,

So I'm asking how dodgy actually is it, has anyone had any problems with it?

Ian, is there any chance you could run that by me again, in idiot proof lingo?

Hope this helps: install Plex media server on your home PC, get the G2G plugin & Yifi Movies plugin add these to the media server

Install the Plex Android client from Google store to your tablet or media box, this will then connect to the Media server on your PC

open the channels list & G2G & Yifi movies will be there, Plex will also stream any media on your android set up over your wireless network.

ian

Okay while we are on this subject - I know how to download stuff and then watch them on my tv via playstation media server.  But how would I watch live feeds from my mac on the tv, is it possible?

It now transpires that in order to play the films on TV using showbox I require a box/cable etc, and getting my lad to answer a call or reply to a text is like pulling teeth, I think I'll give up :rolleyes:

What box and cable do you need Pete, can you find out?

What box and cable do you need Pete, can you find out?

Pete, that's what I'm trying to find out, the last text said something about HDMI in one end and Usb in the other, I have asked is there a name for this box, I expect a reply sometime in the next couple of weeks

Pete there's an android box like mine on GearBest website for 33 quid. Even if it doesn't come with Xbmc already installed it's easy enough to do yourself. Just google android box.

I've had experience with XBMC but think it's really clunky to run, but I'll have a look for definite. Thanks Mark.

I just downloaded an ipad app called FLIPPS, it's amazing really, install it on your ipad, switch the tv on (has to be an internet tv), it finds it and then you've got thousands of channels which you operate from the ipad - they play on the tv - the films are old but only a year to 18 months like "Ted".  Looks like no live sport or tv but I've only had it working for 5 minutes so not sure yet.  

Pete there's an android box like mine on GearBest website for 33 quid. Even if it doesn't come with Xbmc already installed it's easy enough to do yourself. Just google android box.

Mark, I can only get a USA GearBest site..

I've done a bit of searching, it seems if you download a media sharing app like Zappo for your own particular brand of smart TV (my case LG) you can stream straight to the TV wirelessly, not sure how just yet,

I'll have a look at Flipps sounds good. Agree with you about xbmc, needs a lot of patience some times I generally use navi x for movies which is pretty good and bang up to date. There's a new add on called Phoenix which has all the live football including 3:00 kick offs in hd hardly any buffering only small drawback is commentary in Russian

I'll have a look at Flipps sounds good. Agree with you about xbmc, needs a lot of patience some times I generally use navi x for movies which is pretty good and bang up to date. There's a new add on called Phoenix which has all the live football including 3:00 kick offs in hd hardly any buffering only small drawback is commentary in Russian

Better than listening to Andy Townsend

Pete S,

If understand you correctly you simply want to see what you see on your mac screen on your TV yes?

If so Chromecast will do this for you.

On the recommendation of Mike I got one a couple of months ago. No wires, no hassle, simplest thing in the world to install. Hey Presto online Footie on my big screen TV. Result!

Hope this helps Mate.

Regards,

Dave

Anybody have any info on these ?

post-17800-0-95623300-1423857392_thumb.j

Here's the blurb.

Tired of paying those high cable subscriptions, satellite bills or even monthly Netflix, Hulu bills for TV and still nothing to watch!

Well the answer is here, over 300,000 on demand movies, TV Shows, Global Networks, Channels, New Release Movies, Live Sports, Adult channels, International channels, YouTube, Facebook and much much more, with NO MONTHLY FEES, NO SERVICE FEES, NOTHING TO PAY!!!!
just a internet connection and a TV Needed ! £75 

Or this one ?

post-17800-0-99121100-1423857930_thumb.j

Blurb.

Don't miss one kickoff! All the latest Movies, every TV series possible, no subscription required, just a internet connection and a TV ! £70

Right okay, I just went up PC World, bought a Chromecast dongle.  Plugged it in, set it up, which was VERY tricky on a mac, you have to change the wi fi channel etc but anyway, took me about half an hour.  Immediately played a youtube video straight onto the tv, so went to a dodgy football site, bingo, straight onto the tv.  Played a movie I'd downloaded, no way of getting it to show on your tv but, an app called videocast lets you do that, and the picture is fantastic.

Plugged it into the tv in the front room, worked instantly on there using the same wifi network.

So I think I've solved a problem here...

Well using the zappo app I can play any video in my phone on my TV wirelessly, apart from showbox films I have downloaded, well I say apart from, if I can I can't work out how to, could always access the net and play youtube etc, so it's looking like it's a chromecast dongle I need, do you need any cables with it Pete?

Edited by Pete60

Right okay, I just went up PC World, bought a Chromecast dongle.  Plugged it in, set it up, which was VERY tricky on a mac, you have to change the wi fi channel etc but anyway, took me about half an hour.  Immediately played a youtube video straight onto the tv, so went to a dodgy football site, bingo, straight onto the tv.  Played a movie I'd downloaded, no way of getting it to show on your tv but, an app called videocast lets you do that, and the picture is fantastic.

Plugged it into the tv in the front room, worked instantly on there using the same wifi network.

So I think I've solved a problem here...

Best 30 squidleys I ever spent. :thumbsup:

Regards,

Dvae

Dave, is chromecast a wireless affair?

Yes Mate, it simply receives the signal from your laptop so whatever is playing on your computer can be watched on your TV without having to use a cable. 

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Dave

Yes Mate, it simply receives the signal from your laptop so whatever is playing on your computer can be watched on your TV without having to use a cable. 

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Dave

Thanks pal

Well I have managed to suss out how to stream showbox to my TV without any dongles/cables, altough it keeps stalling to buffer in the 'watch now' mode, so maybe it's better to download the whole film first,

Cheers Pete, is it free?

It is mate but it is not an official Apple approved program therefore you have to jailbreak your phone or pad first to allow it to be installed.  I love all that stuff and do it all the time but if you've never really heard of it it can be a bit bewildering.

It is mate but it is not an official Apple approved program therefore you have to jailbreak your phone or pad first to allow it to be installed.  I love all that stuff and do it all the time but if you've never really heard of it it can be a bit bewildering.

I could actually do that for you in 3 minutes!

Comment now!

Comments are members only

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign in

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Adverts