How To Download You Tube Videos

Craig W

Right , read very carefully because this is a bit long winded but really easy once you know how and well worth it once you've put in the effort.

First of all go to the You Tube video you want to download. There you will find a box named URL. e.g https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FU2rz6BR0vQ.

Copy the URL link of the desired video and paste it in the download link on the below web page ---

In the right hand box select You Tube or the desired site where the file link originates from paste in the download link and then click the download link.Then look below and a download link box should appear. Right Click this box and select Save target as and select your download destination e.g Desktop ,delete the file name Get Video and type in what you want to save it as and then very importantly add .flv on the end e.g Supremes.flv and then press Save. This is important as You Tube videos are flv files (Flash video files)

The video will then download to your download destination.

If you want to watch the videos on this format you will need a FLV Player which can be downloaded from the below link free which you can drag and drop the downloaded file into and it will automatically play and you can control the video size --

FLV files are ok if you just want to watch them on the FLV player but other formats wont play them e.g Windows Media player , Real Player , so you need to convert them to AVI , MPG etc and then it gets interesting.

You need a FLV to AVI, MPG convertor .

You can download a free converter on the below link but you are limited to one file conversion at a time which works fine --

Click the Download link at the top of the page and then Ultra Video to Flash download link and download the programme.

When you launch the programme you will get this Interface.

Ultra-Video-To-Flash-Converter.JPEG

I suggest you click on the left hand options box and select the Output directory to where you want the converted file to be save to e.g Desktop.

Click AVI as the Output file format and set video frame rate to 24 , Video bit rate to 188 , Audio sample rate to 22050 and Audio bit rate to 56 but you can fiddle around with these to you own requirements.

Then click the batch box click Add file or drag and drop the file and then click Convert and after a little while it will be saved as an AVI file which you can then watch on any format.

The real beauty of this now is you can burn them to CD or DVD!!

A full time limited programme can be dowloaded at the below link which allows you to shrink your saved MPG or AVI files and burn them to CDs which you can play on you PC or DVD player. Its a superb programme.Im burning as many as I can onto CDs at the moment.

I hope all this helps as its well worth the effort as you never know how long these videos will be available.

Social source share

• Replies 13
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Right , read very carefully because this is a bit long winded but really easy once you know how and well worth it once you've put in the effort.

First of all go to the You Tube video you want to download. There you will find a box named URL. e.g https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FU2rz6BR0vQ.

Copy the URL link of the desired video and paste it in the download link on the below web page ---

In the right hand box select You Tube or the desired site where the file link originates from paste in the download link and then click the download link.Then look below and a download link box should appear. Right Click this box and select Save target as and select your download destination e.g Desktop ,delete the file name Get Video and type in what you want to save it as and then very importantly add .flv on the end e.g Supremes.flv and then press Save. This is important as You Tube videos are flv files (Flash video files)

If you want to watch the videos on this format you will need a FLV Player which can be downloaded from the below link free which you can drag and drop the downloaded file into and it will automatically play and you can control the video size --

FLV files are ok if you just want to watch them on the FLV player but other formats wont play them e.g Windows Media player , Real Player , so you need to convert them to AVI , MPG etc and then it gets interesting.

You can download a free converter on the below link but you are limited to one file conversion at a time which works fine --

Click the Download link at the top of the page and then Ultra Video to Flash download link and download the programme.

I suggest you click on the left hand options box and select the Output directory to where you want the converted file to be save to e.g Desktop.

Click AVI as the Output file format and set video frame rate to 24 , Video bit rate to 188 , Audio sample rate to 22050 and Audio bit rate to 56 but you can fiddle around with these to you own requirements.

Then click the batch box click Add file or drag and drop the file and then click Convert and after a little while it will be saved as an AVI file which you can then watch on any format.

A full time limited programme can be dowloaded at the below link which allows you to shrink your saved MPG or AVI files and burn them to CDs which you can play on you PC or DVD player. Its a superb programme.Im burning as many as I can onto CDs at the moment.

I hope all this helps as its well worth the effort as you never know how long these videos will be available.

Bloody hell Craig. Top man. I don't understand a word of it though :D

Any chance of copying the DVD you have made for yourself :D

Social source share

Bloody hell Craig. Top man. I don't understand a word of it though :D

Any chance of copying the DVD you have made for yourself :D

:D:D

Yeh, could you run through that one bit again ? the bit after "Right"

Seriously though, thanks for all that info :D

Social source share

cheers Craig

was just wondering how they end up as know youtube do compress them as well once uploaded

and after decoding etc wondering what like fullscreen

ta

mike

They are great in fullsceeen mode , no distotion or quality loss whatsoever when played with Windows media player , Realplayer or Jet Audio.

Social source share

IM HOPING TO CONVERT TO 3GP SO I CAN SEND TO MY PHONE :thumbsup:

THANKS

MARK W

Social source share

nice one craig , by the way i could watch your avatar all night :thumbsup:

how do you get the moving ones uploaded ?

Dont you mean you could watch those big jugs jumping about in that top allnight? :yes:

Type in "animated gif" in Google , go to one of the websites that have them then you can download the image to your computer and then upload it as your avator on soul source or put a direct link to the image off the website on your controls.

Social source share

Dont you mean you could watch those big jugs jumping about in that top allnight? :D

Type in "animated gif" in Google , go to one of the websites that have them then you can download the image to your computer and then upload it as your avator on soul source or put a direct link to the image off the website on your controls.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!