I Need Some Help And Info On Mexican Soul Record! Help

Ok, here it goes. I have been on the hunt for a record by F. Fender and The Comancheros - Boogaloo en Monterrey. on the Discos Dominante Label. I managed to find a guy with a copy to sell but we are having a bit of a disagreement as to the value of this record? It is a really rare piece of vinyl, I saw one about a year ago and it went for £100 in VG+ condition. I have searched the earth for this thing and haven't ever seen another until now. The copy i found is a VG copy I was willing to offer him £100 for it but he seemed to think it was worth a lot more than that? He can of course ask whatever he want's for it.

I would really like to get some opinions and knowledge from anyone out there who might have some real information on this record value etc? Also, If anyone knows if the Freddy Fender on this record is the same as the cheesey 70's singer let me know? Just out of curiosity.

Thanks!

El Guapo

Social source share

• Replies 9
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest NASHEE

Ok, here it goes. I have been on the hunt for a record by F. Fender and The Comancheros - Boogaloo en Monterrey. on the Discos Dominante Label. I managed to find a guy with a copy to sell but we are having a bit of a disagreement as to the value of this record? It is a really rare piece of vinyl, I saw one about a year ago and it went for £100 in VG+ condition. I have searched the earth for this thing and haven't ever seen another until now. The copy i found is a VG copy I was willing to offer him £100 for it but he seemed to think it was worth a lot more than that? He can of course ask whatever he want's for it.

I would really like to get some opinions and knowledge from anyone out there who might have some real information on this record value etc? Also, If anyone knows if the Freddy Fender on this record is the same as the cheesey 70's singer let me know? Just out of curiosity.

Thanks!

IF YOU DON'T GET ANY JOY ON HERE.....TRY THESE FOLKS

https://www.recordcollectorsguild.org/modul...&file=index

El Guapo

Edited by NASHEE
Social source share

Guest Andy BB

How much does he want?

It's obviously very rare. But it's an acquired taste to say the least.

I think you just sounded far too eager in your wants posting and the lad who has the single is trying his luck. He bought it last July - are you sure that wasn't the one you saw sold?Stick to your guns, it's not like anyone else is looking for this record is it?

Social source share

Thanks wish me luck! Have you ever heard this record? Its sort of a funky but hard rockin boogaloo tune. A serious booty shaker, Well at least I think so!

Cheers!

El Guapo

Social source share

Not sure what he want's for it? He said he would get back to me after he did some research on it? Why couldn't it be easy? I suppose if I get it it will feel great!

Cheers!

Elguapo

Social source share

Hola guapo!!! We have just been home, Mexico, and while we were there we met Dante, he is a young Mexican guy who lives in Mexico City. Dante is into Soul, R&B and Funky, in fact he went to Matehuala SLP to a Doo a couple of weeks ago. I am sure Dante could help you to find a copy of the record or he might know about it. He goes to el Mercado del Chopo at the weekends and it is there where one can find must of the Soul, R&B and Funky vinyl in the country. Why dont you PM him, you find him as Dante a member of Soul Source.

Buena suerte amigo "Guapo"

Carlos

Social source share

Hola guapo!!! We have just been home, Mexico, and while we were there we met Dante, he is a young Mexican guy who lives in Mexico City. Dante is into Soul, R&B and Funky, in fact he went to Matehuala SLP to a Doo a couple of weeks ago. I am sure Dante could help you to find a copy of the record or he might know about it. He goes to el Mercado del Chopo at the weekends and it is there where one can find must of the Soul, R&B and Funky vinyl in the country. Why dont you PM him, you find him as Dante a member of Soul Source.

Buena suerte amigo "Guapo"

Carlos

Gracias por la publicidad Carlos jeje Saludos a Chris!

He already PM me and I've started looking for the record but it was made on Monterrey so I think it'll be very very hard to find here in Mexico City, anyway, I'll keep searching!!

Cheers

Dante

Edited by Dante
Social source share

Guest Neil-ok

I had a little spare time yes.gif

Seems people who have a little trip to old Mex i co know what to bring back.

you could ask this man nicely

Here

The second tune is a cover of Johnny Taylors-Whos making love

T`internet is a wonderful thing eh?.

Social source share

He already PM me and I've started looking for the record but it was made on Monterrey so I think it'll be very very hard to find here in Mexico City, anyway, I'll keep searching!!

Cheers

Hola Dante, saludos desde inglaterra, la publicidad? bueno ya te mandare la cuenta, jajajaja Dante, mi sobrino vive en Monterrey, me imagino que vayan a los mercados como todos, les voy a preguntar si hay alguno de discos y pedirles que vean si pueden encontrar el disco.

Un abrazo,

Chris y Carlos

Ups, sorry, Chris was log-on

]

Edited by bearsoul
Social source share

Cheers

Hola Dante, saludos desde inglaterra, la publicidad? bueno ya te mandare la cuenta, jajajaja Dante, mi sobrino vive en Monterrey, me imagino que vayan a los mercados como todos, les voy a preguntar si hay alguno de discos y pedirles que vean si pueden encontrar el disco.

Un abrazo,

Chris y Carlos

Ups, sorry, Chris was log-on

]

Mmmmh, bueno, te la pagar cuando los visite en Manchester por ah­ de mayo o junio whistling.gif

Pues estar­a genial lo que dices de tus sobrinos, igual yo contactar a algunos amigos de por all¡ y tal vez me de una vuelta a buscarlo jeje

Saludos a Chris!

Dante

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!