Articles: Rugby and I ain't talking balls - Allnighter Lookback

spot

No not the Youth, they seemed ok, although I never venture down into the dark, as Norman Stanley Fletcher would say, "Not with these feet". Some Old dodgers like us, one in particular from Wolverhampton way I'm told, only ever seen him at Rugby but have noticed on odd occasion him taking p*ss, so it's not the Youngsters that are knobheads but some of the older generation. I did notice 3 girls who didn't even look old enough to have started at Big School yet though. 

• Helpful 2
Social source share

No not the Youth, they seemed ok, although I never venture down into the dark, as Norman Stanley Fletcher would say, "Not with these feet". Some Old dodgers like us, one in particular from Wolverhampton way I'm told, only ever seen him at Rugby but have noticed on odd occasion him taking p*ss, so it's not the Youngsters that are knobheads but some of the older generation. I did notice 3 girls who didn't even look old enough to have started at Big School yet though. 

Glad you put us straight on that because the 3 little girls were my daughter & her two friends & they'd have been in for a slap if they'd have been taking the piss :wink:

She's 18 btw but obviously looks as young as her mother for her age :)

• Helpful 3
Social source share

Glad you put us straight on that because the 3 little girls were my daughter & her two friends & they'd have been in for a slap if they'd have been taking the piss :wink:

She's 18 btw but obviously looks as young as her mother for her age :)

Shows how Old & crusty I'm getting,EVERYONE looks to young, it's not fair. I'm glad they were out with a sensible & responsible person & You , of course. :lol: 

Spot. :shades: 

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Just another point to add, at the tender age of 18 when I first attended another soul night about 8 years ago now I felt out of place, a few funny looks, but that's never been the case at Rugby, attracts a few of the youngsters on the scene and nice that they get a chance, I've see young Tom Page do a cracking spot there once before, and unfortunately couldn't make the last do missing Luke's spot who is also a cracking bloke with a great record box. Sian's kindly put my name on the waiting list for the freestyle room, giving younger, and up and coming DJ's a chance. Mixed with the big names and residents, it's a most enjoyable night. See you at the next one :-)

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!