Profiteering On New Or Recently Released 45's

Illusive

I don't mind him putting his over priced records on, because I listen to them and then buy from somewhere else :D  a lot cheaper so he provides me with a good source of records I have missed/don't know about, but agree he is a rip off merchant

there's another on here who always has sound clips and is always way over priced ,then he puts them on again saying reduced, but if you check back they are the same price,

I have only ever seen any of them sell the odd thing

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Guest Carl Dixon

I was advised last year that an original Bandtraxs release of -'Tell me'/Spyder Turner- was seen at an event for more than £120, when it is still available from the likes of FunkyFeet records for a tenner. I would be happy to break even with my expenses cutting those tunes and am not so worried about profit on that session. What I found strange too is I mistakenly gave some copies away including test pressings hoping that would stimulate a little play here and there, to find out that some were actually sold. I have paid Spyder 100% royalties as if all the 45's were sold. But I guess that's how this all works....

Now, the original test pressings for 'Tell me' - the first batch were a cock up. The 'B' side was double speed! If anybody wants to buy a copy - £10,000 each!

Social source share

I was advised last year that an original Bandtraxs release of -'Tell me'/Spyder Turner- was seen at an event for more than £120, when it is still available from the likes of FunkyFeet records for a tenner. I would be happy to break even with my expenses cutting those tunes and am not so worried about profit on that session. What I found strange too is I mistakenly gave some copies away including test pressings hoping that would stimulate a little play here and there, to find out that some were actually sold. I have paid Spyder 100% royalties as if all the 45's were sold. But I guess that's how this all works....

Now, the original test pressings for 'Tell me' - the first batch were a cock up. The 'B' side was double speed! If anybody wants to buy a copy - £10,000 each!

Coincidentally, I sold one of those, well my only copy, on Discogs yesterday for £6!

Social source share

If members are concerned by prices quoted in ads there is nothing to stop anyone either reporting it to the site or opening a topic in this section as Gav has done.

As comments above it is up to the seller as to what price he asks but there is no compulsion on buyers to agree or purchase.

That is the case for any 45 on here.

I'm sure the seller in question will view this topic and hopefully take note.

ROD [Forum Moderator]

• Helpful 1
Social source share

If members are concerned by prices quoted in ads there is nothing to stop anyone either reporting it to the site or opening a topic in this section as Gav has done.

As comments above it is up to the seller as to what price he asks but there is no compulsion on buyers to agree or purchase.

That is the case for any 45 on here.

I'm sure the seller in question will view this topic and hopefully take note.

ROD [Forum Moderator]

Doubt it, he only looks in sales and wants. :wink:

Edited by NCFC
Social source share

if its a re issue where there is a demand or someone has under paid for a record, regardless of where it came from and a what price, its fair game for them to sell in on for a going rate. 

its a bit low rent trying to make 5 quid on recent issues that are available all over the internet. ends up with copy cat sellers which is boring. 

one of these low rent sellers was caught out selling me a re issue as an original recently. whilst the tune was in the post  i asked where he got it from and he turned shirty. record turned up with a juno.co.uk price sticker on it. got my money back after a month. scummy business really. best avoided these sellers. you can spot the lists a mile off usually by the BS in the header line.

Edited by JNixon
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!