Becket

Such A Soulful Voice - Karen Carpenter

Just heard Karen Carpenter on R2.  Reminded me; what a wonderful Soulful voice she had.

Does anyone else agree or want to comment.

Thinking about it - Evie Sands is wonderful also.

You certainly don't need to be Black to have a great  Soulful voice do you ?

Cheers...................              Tom.

Edited by Becket

Sorry can't hear anything soulful in Karen Carpenter,s or Evie Sands voice. Just middle of the road pop music mind you that's only my opinion A lot of people might have different opinions.

Keep it Soulful M L

Can't argue with that Becket, I've always loved her voice, even when they were deeply uncool, I just love the greatest hits album, soothing is the word that pops to mind, another sad story though, I watched the Documentary about here last hours, a real eye opener. Anyway Hooker1951 I'm sure a lot would agree with us but it would be a boring World if we all loved the same stuff. :thumbsup:  :hatsoff2: 

Spot. :shades: 

"You certainly don't need to be Black to have a great  Soulful voice do you ?"

Absolutely not but I wouldnt call Karen Carpenter soulful in any way whatsoever. 

Two white vocalists I have a lot of time for are Bonnie Raitt and Janiva Magness, who are pretty darn soulful to my ears.

To me Karen Carpenter sounds as soulful as a bag of apples but she can sing as good as any female I've ever heard. Also love the voice of Steve Nicks but sounds a bit country to me.  

Comment now!

Comments are members only

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign in

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Related Soul Music Links

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.