Steve Lane

Possible Cure For Altzheimer`s (Please Read!)

I`m sure most if not all of us have been affected in some way by this dreadful disease and after watching
Still Alice ,  the story of a woman struck down  at 50 with early onset Altzheimers` the other night it really brought it home, my wife also works with dementia patients on a daily basis. 
I saw this story on the local news and thought maybe we could help out.

"Several years ago our scientists at Lancaster University developed a drug that blocks the formation of the 'senile plaques' that are found in the brains of victims of Alzheimer's disease/dementia. Our drug blocks these plaques from forming, along with their toxic effect on brain cells. It is highly stable in the body and we have very recently found out that It preserves memory!

Unfortunately, the laboratory work has reached the end of funding by Research Councils, but the drug is not developed to the standard where it could be adopted by the pharmaceutical industry.

Therefore, we are launching a major fund-raising campaign to raise money which will ultimately get the drug into human clinical trials! "

Please share on Facebook, Twitter, email, forums or whatever. And if you can donate just a little it would be fantastic!
Lancaster University  is trying to raise £85`000 to enable further research and human testing.

You can even donate by text message.....it`s actually increased by 2 grand while i`ve been putting this together. If you can`t donate, no worries but please pass it on.

This is the "Just Giving" page where you can see how the donations are adding up.

Cheers  :thumbsup:
Edited by Steve Lane

It's absolutely disgusting that the government sends out billions in aid to foreign countries when they won't fund something like this.

You can bet that what they spend on food, taxis, receptions etc in a month would cover the cost of the research.

Comment now!

Comments are members only

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign in

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Related Soul Music Links

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.