News: Northern Soul The Film Wins Best Film At Nme Awards

dedji1955

• Replies 28
  • Views 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Guest Pompeylor

The NME readership is done to 32,000 readers and falling. Slight overkill to say the mage "knows and understands the music business" I thinK!

Fair play for the award, even if I think the film is badly acted, predictable and a profound disappointment.

Social source share

I was amazed and disappointed by the following comments Russ Winstanley left on the Films FB page

" So many misguided people. A film taking advantage of our Soul but without any Heart. Capitalising on druggy morons. Ah well"

well, it's been aired on the "other" channel as well...the horse has well and truly bolted past the winners post for such belated misjudgements...and there are promoters out there who should no better than book this waste of space.

Social source share

He didn't seem that bothered when he volleyed 'our soul' for a few decades until there was a buck to be made by playing boots of the same 30 records or putting on Hi Di Hi events. Ultimately very ignorable :)

I was amazed and disappointed by the following comments Russ Winstanley left on the Films FB page

" So many misguided people. A film taking advantage of our Soul but without any Heart. Capitalising on druggy morons. Ah well"

Edited by Byrney
Social source share

Guest Russell H

Weren't a lot of those "druggy morons" his regulars for several years - thereby leading to him capitalising on them?

Social source share

Weren't a lot of those "druggy morons" his regulars for several years - thereby leading to him capitalising on them?

Russ always claims there was no drugs at Wigan despite all the local papers constantly covering stories on drug arrests and convictions

Like many others he is on a crusade to rewrite History 

Social source share

Guest johnny hart

Congrats Emperor Constantine ,Should have got a BAFTA, no, Oscar for Best Soundtrack, Look forward to your next  Project,LOl Johnny .

Social source share

Guest son of stan

Lol!

Yeah. Come back Russ and protect us again from those who would exploit our precious scene for commercial gain.

Edited by son of stan
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!