Pete S

• Replies 10
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Johnny One Trout

Pete is this one of those that was on BBC 2 recently, a series of programs about the Blues each one directed by famous diectors ???

Trouty

Social source share

shall I watch it first then do a Barry Norman?

Definately advisable, sir. Till recently, I foolishly ignored the new adage "Never judge a DVD by its cover". My local charity shop now provides a safe haven for all DVDs operating under the disguise of "soul". :rolleyes:

Social source share

Definately advisable, sir. Till recently, I foolishly ignored the new adage "Never judge a DVD by its cover". My local charity shop now provides a safe haven for all DVDs operating under the disguise of "soul".  :huh:

link

You ouhgt to get some of my dvd's Kolla - top quality stuff :rolleyes:

Social source share

I'd love to see it mate. A Blues documentary directed by the same guy who directed "Training Day" and "The Replacement Killers"!!!

Ahh- still remember the first time I heard Red Rooster.....sweet memories! :rolleyes::huh::P

Social source share

Oh yeah, if you want my copy of Kev Roberts' "Northern Soul's Greatest Hits" you can have it...

Kolla ain't chucked it out yet. How much do you want to take it off me hands?? :rolleyes:

Social source share

Speaking of loosely soul-related cinema, has anyone seen any of the pre-publicity for the US only feature film starring, and based loosely on the life of Chuck Corby of Soul Communicators fame? Looked interesting, to say the least. Billed as "The Sopranos meets The Five Heartbeats". can't remember the title OTTOMH, but will post a link to the film's website.

Edited by garethx
Social source share

Billed as "The Sopranos meets The Five Heartbeats". can't remember the title OTTOMH, but will post a link to the film's website.

Aw, Gareth must have fallen asleep. The film is called Saloonatics and was co-written by John A. Russo (of 'Night of the Living Dead' fame!). It was supposed to come out a year ago.

Here's a link - www.saloonaticsmovie.com

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!