I Have Faith In You (Sped Up Instrumental)

Mtay9778

I am hoping to find a copy of the sped up instrumental to I have faith in you as below

Thanks to some info I am led to believe that it was on the other side of a Barbara Mcnair bootleg which was on a white label with a solid centre and on a Goldmine double LP (Green cover) Northern Soul of detroit.

Any info or copies then please get in touch

Cheers!

Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 

Pete is the quality all as crap as this sounds are is this just a poor recording!

Well I've got one which I had on an acetate which is perfect quality, right speed, everything.  The one on the LP, single, and on the cd Northern Soul Time are all of lesser quality than that first recording, only slightly but definitely more lo fi, and they are all at the wrong speed.

If anyone wants the best quality, right speed version, I'll upload it somewhere and you can all just download it for yourselves

Social source share

Well I've got one which I had on an acetate which is perfect quality, right speed, everything.  The one on the LP, single, and on the cd Northern Soul Time are all of lesser quality than that first recording, only slightly but definitely more lo fi, and they are all at the wrong speed.

If anyone wants the best quality, right speed version, I'll upload it somewhere and you can all just download it for yourselves

Cheers Pete!!

Social source share

Wigan 75 , Detroit  Symphony , Sounded  wonderful in the main hall , didnt realise the 45 was speeded up , did think it was a bit short, Also on early goldmine cd   " The soul of Detroit " 

I don't think it was originally speeded up, just when it came out on Soul Of Detroit and on the bootleg 45.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Terrific Insremental very slightly speeded up. still play it out when the time is right Lovely Atmospheric sound A Timeless Tune  picked it up for about a £5 Twenty plus years ago It rivals the vocal versions which is realy a big statement.  all 3 are terrific. take your pick..

Keep on Trucking Mick L

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Why, it's a great recording

I'm not disputing that Pete, but it'll have been compressed when you made an MP3 of it and then more info will be lost when it's cut to a carver - far from the best vinyl format in itself.

It's one thing having acetates cut from vinyl, by first recording as a high quality WAV or AIFF file (which are not completely lossless anyway) but cutting a carver from an MP3 is going to result in something sounding inferior to your acetate, I'd wager.

Social source share

I'm not disputing that Pete, but it'll have been compressed when you made an MP3 of it and then more info will be lost when it's cut to a carver - far from the best vinyl format in itself.

It's one thing having acetates cut from vinyl, by first recording as a high quality WAV or AIFF file (which are not completely lossless anyway) but cutting a carver from an MP3 is going to result in something sounding inferior to your acetate, I'd wager.

I swear I can't tell the difference - I keep getting these albums in lossless format and I convert them to mp3!

Social source share

I swear I can't tell the difference - I keep getting these albums in lossless format and I convert them to mp3!

I'd guess you're listening to them at home rather than in a large room over a big PA? My computer sounds great playing youtube clips through the hi-fi at home, but I know it would sound pretty poor out of the house.

I was playing with a couple of (non-soul) DJs last weekend and one of them was playing MP3s from a laptop in a room that held about 500. Sounded diabolical next to vinyl. Same at an annual event I do with people playing all formats - we have hell on getting the laptop guys to sound decent if they're playing MP3s

Social source share