Possible Discogs Scam - Guitar Ray On Shagg

Tykarim

Hi!

Not sure if this should be posted in All About the soul, if not feel free to point me where to do so :thumbsup: 

Does anybody know a certain Antony Thomson Smith from London...?

Guitar Ray bought and paid on Discogs on the 9th, told me to wait for a few days for shipment as he was not in England then; no replies to emails nor to paypal claim since 4 days ago

Thanks

Edu

Social source share

Hi!

Not sure if this should be posted in All About the soul, if not feel free to point me where to do so :thumbsup: 

Guitar Ray bought and paid on Discogs on the 9th, told me to wait for a few days for shipment as he was not in England then; no replies to emails nor to paypal claim since 4 days ago

Thanks

Edu

I'd bring this up with Discogs already Edu so they know there is a possible problem, they can probably see if the same is happening to other customers.  I've used their customer service a couple of times and they are usually very good.

Social source share

Hi!

Thanks

Edu

I would suggest try contacting him again today. Could be the seller returned to the UK with a nasty case of Spanish tummy and been unable to get to the post office. 

Atb

Stu

Social source share

Guest johnny hart

Hi!

Thanks

Edu            Hi, take a chill pill,manana, excuses on discogs; close relative died then in mourning,lost my job etc afraid I need to take my own advice be patient. Failing that Discogs support is excellent,if a little slow for us O.C.D.ers they will issue a "seller not responding order" if seller does not respond in 4 days his account is suspended, Discogs do not deal with refunds its then the Paypal  route, hope all works out well I can empathise the agony you are suffering 1

Social source share

Nearly got stung for some serious wedge on Discogs but thankfully Discogs themselves notified me of the fraud and advise me to contact my payment company. I notified Paypal and they investigated and got a full refund so it pays to ask and report any "iffy" goings on before it goes beyond claim back times!

Social source share

There's a new button on Discogs where you can escalate if a seller is not responding and it sends them a message saying if they don't respond their account will be suspended, with the date they must respond by. I had someone not responding for 10 days and it worked a treat. Turned out the guy was moving home so it was all ok, but they have to respond or their account is off, so hit the button if you haven't, I think it only comes up under the bottom right of the message box in the sale if you sent the last message 'Seller not responding?'

cheers Sutty

Edited by Sutty
Social source share

• 4 months later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!