Wizard Of Oz, Northern Style

Steve L

Let's have a bit of fun here and suggest who could play the parts. Rob smith as Dorothy. He never finds his way home till ? Sam Moore as the tin man,he's creaking a bit now he's getting on. There must be loads of people in Nottingham who are barking that could play Dorothy,s dog . And as for the cowardly lion. Ain't got a clue. Wicked witch again ain't got a clue

Steve

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Obviously some one from the Notts soul scene has stepped up to run the dance audition for this tripe...so who is it?

Auditions will be held at Nottingham Lakeside Arts on Wednesday, February 25 at 6pm and Saturday, February 28 at 2pm.

Auditionees can take part in either session, where they will be expected to join in a dance workshop, then sing a song of their choice for the creative team.

Read more: https://www.nottinghampost.com/Singers-dancers-needed-Northern-Soul-Wizard-Oz/story-26062648-detail/story.html#c2HbPBrBUIA8pTQ8.01#ixzz3SPt6jlWq 
Follow us: @Nottingham_Post on Twitter | NottinghamPostOnline on Facebook

Social source share

This is the sort of shit that Pete Tildsley, and Brian Lear used to dream 

up on the services in a morning !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't think we're in Nottingham anymore.

Edited by Kegsy
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Look - myself, Kitch and Dean thought we were being 'post modern ironic' by helping with this 'challenging juxtaposition of two nostalgic narratives'.

I'm the lead casting agent for the flying Monkeys. PM me for details ;) ;)

Ps how very dire.

Obviously some one from the Notts soul scene has stepped up to run the dance audition for this tripe...so who is it?

Auditions will be held at Nottingham Lakeside Arts on Wednesday, February 25 at 6pm and Saturday, February 28 at 2pm.

Auditionees can take part in either session, where they will be expected to join in a dance workshop, then sing a song of their choice for the creative team.

Read more: https://www.nottinghampost.com/Singers-dancers-needed-Northern-Soul-Wizard-Oz/story-26062648-detail/story.html#c2HbPBrBUIA8pTQ8.01#ixzz3SPt6jlWq

Follow us: @Nottingham_Post on Twitter | NottinghamPostOnline on Facebook

Social source share

Follow up already in the pipeline.

Set in a Miner's Welfare in the East Midlands around 1984,a young Maggie Thatcher and a youthful Arthur Scargill battle to take over the decks in the area,and run all promotions.

They are offered to double deck - and the rest is history.......

Edited by KevH
  • Helpful 2
Social source share

Oh' it's bloody ironic that Nottingham should be the setting, isn't it? Once a magnet for those of us on pilgrimage to Wigan via The Brit Rowing Club, those dayers at the Palais during the Jazz-Funk scare with djs with unlikely names like Duke Polluta, a regional kinship with the Notts crowd that used to come down to Peterborough and St. Ives... so where's it at now?  The epicentre of the NS re-enactment society and now the Wizard of Oz meets NS stage phenomenon? Grotesque, 'kin grotesque. 

Social source share

Has no one seen The Wiz? It was a film based on the Wizard of Oz with Micheal Jackson and Diana Ross. It was shite, but this article makes sense when you think about that. Maybe that's what they are making?

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0078504/?ref_=nv_sr_3

attachicon.gifmj-the-wiz-michael-jackson-11219770-400-599.jpg

I've seen it, there's a couple of good spins by Michael Jackson, end of review. 

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!