Rarest Of The-Rare?

Guest UPTITE U250A

Guest UPTITE U250A

past obscurities re-surfacing interest....

Jimmy Burns vs Brand New Faces ?

how many known copies of each?

whats their value now?

(JB was only a £40 record tops)

Surely the BNF must be up there with the h0LEY-gRAILYS? Is it not,far,far rarer than say,Don Gardner?

Just wondering why the one on ebay is so low... :g:

Social source share

Guest UPTITE U250A

you might just have ruined someones day lol

kev

LOL :lol: surely you aint biddin $500 bucks on a £10,000 GB pounds record are you ? LOL :lol:

does'nt this record rank as a rasest of the rare? whats more rare than this,apart from Frank Wilson? :g:

Social source share

Guest UPTITE U250A

and manships guide of £1000 would be for a mint copy

i've lead a sheltered life which came first this or i really love you

kev

Jimmy Burns....100% certain....

Social source share

Guest UPTITE U250A

and manships guide of £1000 would be for a mint copy

i've lead a sheltered life which came first this or i really love you

kev

Sorry if I mis-understood your question,which came first,I was referring to GB soul scene exposure -not which song was released first :thumbsup: .Same backing track somehow points to Jimmy Burns but mebbe that's my imagination or I am hallucinating :unsure:

Social source share

Guest UPTITE U250A

no but someone might have been hoping no one else did where did £10,000 come from anyway

kev

public domain is public domain is Craigs List,ebay,etc online listings all public domain...where does £100+++ prices for bootlegs come from? maybe like whathappened with Danny Moore someone has found a stack of Brand New Faces,making it un-rare? no one seems to know just how rare it is... :g:

my own gut feeling is its humongus-rare :yes: ....

Social source share

past obscurities re-surfacing interest....

Jimmy Burns vs Brand New Faces ?

how many known copies of each?

whats their value now?

(JB was only a £40 record tops)

Surely the BNF must be up there with the h0LEY-gRAILYS? Is it not,far,far rarer than say,Don Gardner?

Just wondering why the one on ebay is so low... :g:I

If Jimmy Burns is £40, then I'll have 2 please!!

• Helpful 1
Social source share

I was led to believe Bobby James was the original release. I like it the best. Brand New Faces is rarity over quality in my personal opinion. Just a load of kids shouting over the backing track.

Has to be very rare though.

Could well be but to my memory, it was discovered well after Jimmy Burns.  Reminds me of Eddie Parker's record in a way, both were relatively minor Wigan records which had some plays but never went absolutely huge, they just grew and grew...

Social source share

Guest UPTITE U250A

Bobby James wrote the track, his name is Robbie Newsome from memory, and he's still putting new stuff out today.

Jimmy Burns a min £4k tune and Bobby James half that, these are prices I've achieved albeit 4 or 5 years back

Both great tunes and way in front of BNF.

Darren

those were cracking prices :ohmy:

I was offered the yellow KAROL thing for the awsome price of £5 but turned it down because I wanted the Jimmy Burns.Someone else got that.They paid £40.

any idea as to the rarity of the Brand New Faces tho?how many known copies in GB?and why would Otis Brown use that same backing track?

Social source share

Guest UPTITE U250A

Anyone remember on eBay a few years back when the producers of these records were selling copies of Bobby James and others and loads of acetates, in fact I think I bought one..

please expand I am very interested,was not aware...live a sheltered life... :)

Social source share

I wish I could but I can barely remember it myself, there were stock copies and acetates of nearly all the releases on a few labels though, am thinking maybe 8 years back..

yes i bought a bobby james and i know another lad who bought one as well  was about 6  years back but not sure myself  you could be right with 8 years , i thought the bnf is terrible record rare or not i wouldn't buy it 

Social source share

Anyone remember on eBay a few years back when the producers of these records were selling copies of Bobby James and others and loads of acetates, in fact I think I bought one..

The guy who sold the bobby james had four or five copies ranging from vg to ex. He also had a couple of flash mckinleys + the flash McKinley acetate with the unissued track which I think was auctioned through JM two or three years ago. If I remember correctly about six months after selling the Bobby James he basically sold up and said he had to get himself and his family out of Chicago quickly. I do believe he did get them all from somebody at the studios
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

those were cracking prices :ohmy:

I was offered the yellow KAROL thing for the awsome price of £5 but turned it down because I wanted the Jimmy Burns.Someone else got that.They paid £40.

any idea as to the rarity of the Brand New Faces tho?how many known copies in GB?and why would Otis Brown use that same backing track?

Same backing track to claim back tax on studio time.Been mentioned on here before.

Social source share

Guest Aaron Darcy

Think I'd go Jimmy burns or even a bobby James and chuck this one ,it sounds very poor in comparison but no doubt works on a big talc filled floor :)

Nev spot on , Jimmy Burns number( 1) (2) Bobby James---Brand New Faces very messy sound nowhere near as good as JB  or BJ 

Social source share

Guest Aaron Darcy

I was led to believe Bobby James was the original release. I like it the best. Brand New Faces is rarity over quality in my personal opinion. Just a load of kids shouting over the backing track.

Has to be very rare though.

Phil , i think the same as you , very messy poor record

Social source share

Guest UPTITE U250A

ronnie pedley used to play brand new faces.... it used to crop up...... in my bottom 10 of all time crap records,,jimmy and bobby much much better

yeah well your op is your op...who cares ?

Social source share

Guest UPTITE U250A

I don't think Brand New Faces is particularly rare it used to be around a lot at £8 if you could find someone willing to part with the money :lol:

Jimmy Burns and Bobby James for me every time. in that order. 

that was when,in the late 80Ts ? :g: (I first heard it on tape mid 80Ts)never saw a copy anywhere and no one even mentioned its existance...and this was in the period when The Cairos was a £1 record....

Social source share

that was when,in the late 80Ts ? :g: (I first heard it on tape mid 80Ts)never saw a copy anywhere and no one even mentioned its existance...and this was in the period when The Cairos was a £1 record....

i knew it from the 70's thats when one of the people i know with a copy got it

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!