Rarest Of The-Rare?

Guest UPTITE U250A

I used to have this, and got it off Shifty for £750.00, and it really is a hard record to find. Personally i loved it, basic production and a raw gritty sound,  I know iam in a minority here, as the Pinchers used to love telling  me, but its one of my all time favourites and it was a sad day when it was sold.

Social source share

I have the BNF, perfect record for a club love it, all 3 versions get played at Dig Deeper but that's because we can't help ourselves, predictable seeing the same old folks here saying it's too shouty for their tender ears and old knees, still have a strange memory of seeing Jimmy Burns doing his version live but at such a slow pace it sounded like a country and western song, ah well.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

What Pottsy said...what PhilT said...but I still wouldn't want a copy! Outrush Greeeg used to play it at the CapitolSC and still has a copy. they're out there.

Social source share

What Pottsy said...what PhilT said...but I still wouldn't want a copy! Outrush Greeeg used to play it at the CapitolSC and still has a copy. they're out there.

Oh no ! didn't know Greg has a copy, I was down at Solid Hit Soul last Friday (brilliant night by the way lads) and Greg was guesting there, would have gone up & asked him if he'd play it if I'd known !

Social source share

Oh no ! didn't know Greg has a copy, I was down at Solid Hit Soul last Friday (brilliant night by the way lads) and Greg was guesting there, would have gone up & asked him if he'd play it if I'd known !

Ady, you could have asked Stuart Tyler - he used to play it at Solid Hit Soul when I was part of it, and may still have it.

Edited by Gene-R
  • Helpful 2
Social source share

I friggin love Brand New faces !!! Great gritty street level sound I love to swing my legs to !!! Hmm, just type in Jimmy Burns, Al Williams and you get more sales on ebay/popsike then BNF !!! Add to that manship and private sales/offers .... It doesn't mean much but you just never know how many copies are around for sure !! There are many silent big ticket armchair collectors in the UK  as well as dj's and collectors who like to show off a little !!! Anyway, I love it even if it would cost me a tenner  :yes::hatsoff2:

But a save guess would be it's not as rare as Don Gardner ;)

Edited by viphitman
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!