Big New List Of Northern Originals

Pete S

NEW LIST

PETE SMITH

01902 326306

pete.smith@freeuk.com

YOU KNOW I ALWAYS START MY LISTS WITH THE MESSAGE BELOW, WELL I REALISED THE REASON THAT I WAS SO CONCERNED ABOUT THE NOISE AT THE START OF THE RECORDS WAS BECAUSE THE STYLUS I WAS USING WAS SOMEHOW OVERAMPLIFYING ANY SURFACE NOISE — I HAD SOMEONE ASK ME LAST WEEK WHY I SAID IT CRACKLED WHEN IT ACTUALLY DIDN’T.  OH WELL…

HI, HERE’S ANOTHER LIST OF NICE ORIGINALS, AS ALWAYS THESE HAVE BEEN PLAY GRADED, FOR THOSE WHO STILL CAN’T GET A HANDLE ON THIS — IF I SAY THAT THE RECORD LOOKS VERY GOOD BUT ACTUALLY PLAYS MINT — THEN IT DOES!  IT WILL BE PRICED ACCORDINGLY — NOT AS A MINT RECORD BUT AS SOMEWHERE INBETWEEN VG AND MINT.  A RECORD CAN LOOK LIKE IT CAME OUT OF A SKIP AND STILL PLAY SUPERBLY. WITH MOST OF THEM IT’S THE INTROS THAT HAVE A LITTLE NOISE

LABELS ARE CLEAN UNLESS STATED.  ONLY THE A SIDE (THE NORTHERN SIDE) IS GRADED

ALL ARE USA ORIGINALS

IF IT SAYS SOLD* MEANS I'M WAITING FOR PAYMENT

NORWOOD LONG — I’D LIKE TO HAVE YOU — GROOVEY GROOVES                                        VG++      200 SOLD*

Extremely rare crossover dancer. Has some marks on the vinyl and the odd background pop but nothing serious. 

WALTER JACKSON — WHERE HAVE ALL THE FLOWERS GONE — OKEH                                EX+         30

Original issue in lovely shape — Catacombs then later Wigan classic

MINZI BERRY — I DON’T WANT YOU NO MORE — SCORE                                                              EX            60

Lesser known of her two dancers

FELTON BURKE — I’LL ALWAYS LOVE YOU — DELITE                                                                      EX-           20

Same tune as Sam Moultrie - nice

PAT THOMAS — I CAN’T WAIT UNTIL I SEE MY BABYS FACE — VERVE DJ                             EX-           50

One or two superficial marks on vinyl — great version of the baby Washington classic

THE MASTERS — I NEED YOUR LOVE — CRIMSON                                                                             EX            60 SOLD

Brilliant Philly dancer — John Oates first band

BARBARA BANKS — THE NIGHT TIME FEELIN — MGM DJ                                                               VG++      20

Good oldie.  Marks on vinyl but plays EX.   

LEE JONES & THE SOUNDS OF SOUL — THIS HEART IS HAUNTED — AMY                            EX-           40 SOLD*

Incredibly soulful midtempo sound — this is The Masqueraders — plays perfect

SANDY & THE PEBBLES — HE’S MY KIND OF FELLOW — MERCURY                                         EX            40

Good poppy dancer

NAOMI & HARRIS — COME ON BABY AND HURT ME — ATCO DJ                                                EX            25

Good dancer, half price as has circle drawn around the edge of the label for some reason

DEBRA SWISHER — YOU’RE SO GOOD TO ME — BOOM                                                                   EX            20

Rare issue.  Small tol.

BOBBY WILLIAMS — BABY I NEED YOUR LOVE — SURE SHOT DJ                                               EX            50

A bit of real class.

JOE GRAVES — SEE SAW — PARKWAY DJ                                                                                                 EX            25 SOLD*

Proper Northern — nice white demo

EDDIE JEFFERSON — UH OH I’M IN LOVE AGAIN — STAX WDJ                                                     VG++      60

One of the toughest Stax dancers — couple of background pops but is fine — deep flip                    

JOY LOVEJOY — IN ORBIT — CHECKER                                                                                                     EX            40 SOLD*

Emergency floorpacker for DJ’s

THE TYMES — THIS TIME IT’S LOVE — WINCHESTER                                                                      EX            15

Another good dancer from The Tymes…there’s another one below

ACE SPECTRUM — DON’T SEND NOBODY ELSE — ATLANTIC                                                                       EX-           30 SOLD*

A little noise on the intro, nothing serious, then pretty much mint.  Ring wear on label.

SANDY WADDY — EVERYTHING IS EVERYTHING — WAND                                                          EX            30

Mecca oldie

JO ARMSTEAD — I FEEL AN URGE COMING ON — GIANT                                                                 EX            40 SOLD*

Classic

MILLIE JACKSON — MY HEART TOOK A LICKING — MGM DEMO                                                 EX            40

Only see this once in  blue moon probably why it’s relatively unknown

OTHEA GEORGE — KEEP ON WRITTIN — VOLUME WDJ                                                                 EX            30

Pretty common early Detroit 45 on issue, nice on white demo though.  Othea sounds like a guy her voice is that deep.

THE ROYALETTES — RIVER OF TEARS — ROULETTE WDJ                                                             VG++      15 SOLD*

Good uptempo version, came out on UK Big T

RUFUS LUMLEY — MINNEAPLIS MINNESOTA — AFFORD                                                                EX-           70

Some very light superficial marks on vinyl — not from the recent find obviously, plays perfect  

IKE & TINA TURNER — BEAUTY IS JUST SKIN DEEP — TRC                                                            VG+         15

Underrated stomper. WOL

THE CHEQUES — DEEPER — HEATWAVE                                                                                               EX            40

Especially for those who like whistling in records J

THE ANGLOS — SINCE YOU’VE BEEN GONE — SCEPTER WDJ                                                                       EX            50 SOLD*

Another great old Mecca stomper                   

MARLINA MARS — I’M GONNA HOLD ON — MGM DJ                                                                          EX-           40

Now this is what a Northern dancer should sound like…this side plays great…the slowie on the other side is very crackly

THE FORMATIONS — AT THE TOP OF THE STAIRS — MGM DJ                                                     EX            40

They really don’t come much better than this, all time classic on a demo copy, wonderful.  Few marks on vinyl not affecting play.

KIM WESTON — THAT’S GROOVY — MGM                                                                                               EX-           15

Nice midtempo track, couple of scratches on this which are inaudible.  Stock copy.

THE TYMES — WHAT WOULD I DO — MGM                                                                                            EX-           40

This one has some marks on the vinyl but it plays mint

MADELINE BELL — PICTURE ME GONE — PHILIPS WDJ                                                                  EX            30

Lovely white demo

THE OJAYS — I DIG YOUR ACT — BELL                                                                                                      VG+         15

Just a little noise at the start

THE DEVONNES — I’M GONNA PICK UP MY TOYS — COLOSSUS DJ                                           VG++      25

To be honest this has some marks on it which I thought would sound but it plays like a new copy

REDUCED RECORDS

THE FANTASTICS — THAT ONE / HIGH NOTE — SOUND STAGE 7 W/DEMO                      EX            80

Two nice sides — very “Impressions”

ISLEY BROTHERS — THIS OLD HEART OF MINE — TAMLA W/DEMO                                      VG++      40 SOLD

Very tough white demo with  There’s No Love Left on B side, plays EX

KENNY GAMBLE — OUR LOVE — COLUMBIA                                                                                          EX            30 SOLD*

Fast dancer with a killer beat ballad on flip “You Don’t Know What You Got Until You Lose It”

THE LOWNLY CROWDE — SHADOWS AND REFLECTIONS — MGM DEMO                            EX            25

Same as “The Action”, late Wigan stomper

CARL HALL — AS LONG AS SHE NEEDS ME — MERCURY W/DEMO                                           EX            50

Date on label 8-2-66

SCOTTY TODD — AIN’T NO BIG THING — PHILIPS DEMO                                                              EX            40

Another nice version.  Has a little bit of background noise, not from the vinyl which is mint, but must be the pressing

BIG MAYBELLE — OH LORD WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO ME — SCEPTER                               EX            25 SOLD

One of the most heartbreaking vocals ever put onto a record

OTIS LEAVILL — WHEN THE MUSIC GROOVES — BLUE ROCK                                                      EX            25

Classic Chicago dancer

HAROLD BURRAGE — MASTER KEY — M PAC                                                                                        EX            25 SOLD

Stafford killer

WALTER JACKSON — ONE HEART LONELY — OKEH                                                                                           EX-           20

Tremendous midtempo dancer from the great man

CHUCK JONES & COMPANY — BOO ON YOU — WAND DEMO                                                                        EX            15

70’s dancer which came out on Disco Demand if I remember correctly.  Good one too.

THE UNLUV’D — AIN’T GONNA DO YOU NO HARM — TRUE LOVE W/DEMO                        VG++      20

Same as New Wanderers though not quite as good / rare

YVONNE FAIR — SAY YEAH YEAH — DADE                                                                                            EX            40 SOLD

Unknown to me — listed in JM as funk — not sure about that but the tune is similar to I Got You

THE DAWN — IN LOVE AGAIN — GAMBLE DEMO                                                                                EX-           15

Pop dancer

THE VELVELETTES — THESE THINGS WILL KEEP ME LOVING YOU — SOUL                       EX-           15

Motown classic

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO DO FREE POSTAGE OR MAKE OFFERS FOR RECORDS, I WILL SIMPLY NOT REPLY AND WILL IGNORE ANYONE DOING THIS. 

UK POSTAGE IS £2.50 FOR THE FIRST THREE ITEMS THEN 30p EACH EXTRA AFTER

SPECIAL DELIVERY £7.10

OVERSEAS, WILL QUOTE

PAYPAL TO pete.smith@freeuk.com

CHEERS

Edited by Pete S
Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 0
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply