Youtube Probs Shortened Clips.why?

Guest sydney bridge

Guest sydney bridge

Hi firstly I`d like to thank Pete Smith for posting Esther Philips"just say goodbye".The only thing is when I try to play the 2minutes50seconds clip it cuts off after 29 seconds.

A similar thing occured with The Ojays "lipstick traces" and I`ve had the same thing from others in the past.

Can someone please explain why or is it just me? biggrin.gif

Social source share

• Replies 6
  • Views 838
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Hi firstly I`d like to thank Pete Smith for posting Esther Philips"just say goodbye".The only thing is when I try to play the 2minutes50seconds clip it cuts off after 29 seconds.

A similar thing occured with The Ojays "lipstick traces" and I`ve had the same thing from others in the past.

Hi

I'm not sure which bandwidth you're on, but it might be that you have to pause the clip before playing - let the grey bar increase for a while - and then press play.

Social source share

Guest uroffal

I had this problem with a few of the clips and although I never completely resolved it I did find that trying them at a later date made them play all the way through (not all of them though).

Social source share

Guest lifeandsoul

Agree the little grey bar thing mentioned,

but if you set up a playlist and want to play them continuously you have to pause after every track.......which is a bit of a pain if you just want to sit back and watch

also if you go full screen it goes into media player and at end of first track it ends, so it is not poss to play a playlist continuously in full screen mode

or am i wrong? I have a resonable broadband speed.

Social source share

Guest sydney bridge

Hi ,thanks for everyones help.Youtube emailed me after an hour and a half (quite good I thought)to say this problem is usually down to high traffic on certain servers.They are constantly giving more access to more servers due to increased demand but cant do much else about it.

So I took SoundsOkeh`s advice and played it through firefox without any problem.

Thanks again..............Curnow.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!