There's That Beat

Guest Bogue

Just had my copy of the first " There's That Beat " magazine drop through the door. Only had time for a quick glance, but got to say it looks absolutly crackin'

Only one word for it Dave Moore, BEAUTIFUL :) the sort of publication you don't want to lend to your mates to grubby up, loads & loads of label scans to go with the discography's. Really pleased, must get on & subscribe for it monthly now thumbsup.gif

Just got one problem Dave, if you make it too good & you get our friends over there re-interested in thier music, where are all those lovely records that we buy going to come from :thumbsup:

This could be a dangerous animal ! biggrin.gif

Edited by Bogue
Social source share

• Replies 30
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest TONY ROUNCE

Hi Dave,

Yes, I've just had a nescessarily quick browse through my Ace colleague (and your fellow Burnley-ite) Peter Gibbon's copy, and I'd like to complement you on the extreme professionalism of TTB # 1 (a far cry from the Roneo-printed, monochrome cardboard covered look of my own failed attempt at a soul music fanzine, "The Motortown Review", of 38 years ago!). I hope that you can keep this standard up and that you will be able to resist the urge to fill up space with page after page of reviews :thumbsup:

Well done, mate. Long may you prosper!

TONE thumbsup.gif

PS: Per your Carnival piece, I thought you might like to know that the great Lee Williams is still singing - he's in the line up of the Manhattans that's fronted by Sonny Bivins and that performs at most of the group's East coast shows (The Blue Lovett-Gerald Alston version of the group does mostly the West coast). Not long ago. Lee sent me a recently recorded CD that he'd cut about 18 months back. It showed that, despite the synth and drum machine backings, his voice was still as pure as it had been 40 years earlier...

Social source share

Hi Dave,

Yes, I've just had a nescessarily quick browse through my Ace colleague (and your fellow Burnley-ite) Peter Gibbon's copy, and I'd like to complement you on the extreme professionalism of TTB # 1 (a far cry from the Roneo-printed, monochrome cardboard covered look of my own failed attempt at a soul music fanzine, "The Motortown Review", of 38 years ago!). I hope that you can keep this standard up and that you will be able to resist the urge to fill up space with page after page of reviews :thumbsup:

Well done, mate. Long may you prosper!

TONE thumbsup.gif

PS: Per your Carnival piece, I thought you might like to know that the great Lee Williams is still singing - he's in the line up of the Manhattans that's fronted by Sonny Bivins and that performs at most of the group's East coast shows (The Blue Lovett-Gerald Alston version of the group does mostly the West coast). Not long ago. Lee sent me a recently recorded CD that he'd cut about 18 months back. It showed that, despite the synth and drum machine backings, his voice was still as pure as it had been 40 years earlier...

Hi Dave

My copy arrived this morning, quality throughout. A magazine to be proud of.

Well done to all at "There's That Beat!"

Edited by 45cellar
Social source share

Thanks for the support and feedback guys. It's certainly appreciated. The next issue will be 50 pages I think!

Any ideas, comments, suggestions, for future issues are more than welcome. Tell us what you want.....we'll try and get it done.

Regards,

Dave

www.theresthatbeat.com

www.hitsvillesoulclub.com

Social source share

Thanks for the support and feedback guys. It's certainly appreciated. The next issue will be 50 pages I think!

Any ideas, comments, suggestions, for future issues are more than welcome. Tell us what you want.....we'll try and get it done.

Regards,

Dave

www.theresthatbeat.com

Well, after the strength of the first issue, i'll definitely be getting issue 2.

Well done!

John

Social source share

Regards,

Dave

www.theresthatbeat.com

Hello Dave.

Will the first issue be available for sometime as I don't have the money for the subscription available at the moment? Other priorities like bills and kids birthdays coming up. Good job I don't collect rare soul records as I'd be a disgrace to the art putting things like these first!! whistling.gif

KTF.

Drew.

Social source share

Hello Dave.

Will the first issue be available for sometime as I don't have the money for the subscription available at the moment? Other priorities like bills and kids birthdays coming up. Good job I don't collect rare soul records as I'd be a disgrace to the art putting things like these first!! :thumbsup:

KTF.

Drew.

Sell the kids whistling.gif

Social source share

Hi Dante

Sorry you've got to wait mate, but the good news is you're not going to be disappointed.

Hehe, I bet I won't!!!!!

I'll be checking the mail twice a day 'till I get it!! whistling.gif

Cheers

Dante

Social source share

Hello Dave.

Will the first issue be available for sometime as I don't have the money for the subscription available at the moment? Other priorities like bills and kids birthdays coming up. Good job I don't collect rare soul records as I'd be a disgrace to the art putting things like these first!! :thumbsup:

KTF.

Drew.

Drew,

No dramas Mate. Been there done that! :lol:

I've put one to one side for when you're ready. whistling.gif

Regards,

Dave

www.theresthatbeat.com

Social source share

Just had my copy of the first " There's That Beat " magazine drop through the door. Only had time for a quick glance, but got to say it looks absolutly crackin'

Only one word for it Dave Moore, BEAUTIFUL :rolleyes: the sort of publication you don't want to lend to your mates to grubby up, loads & loads of label scans to go with the discography's. Really pleased, must get on & subscribe for it monthly now blush.gif

Just got one problem Dave, if you make it too good & you get our friends over there re-interested in thier music, where are all those lovely records that we buy going to come from :lol:

This could be a dangerous animal ! :lol:

When you've finished it.. chuck in the post to me :D I'm always worried about subscribing in case It's not what I thought it would be.

Social source share

When you've finished it.. chuck in the post to me smile.gif I'm always worried about subscribing in case It's not what I thought it would be.

Karen,

Get yer hands in yer purse!! :rolleyes: You don't have to sbscribe, you can buy a single copy to start with. It's ust cheaper per copy if you subcribe. (And you get your copy first). Check the site out... www.theresthatbeat.com

Regards,

Dave

www.theresthatbeat.com

Social source share

If you'd asked, like I did, for pink glittery ink, the dog mightn't have been interested in your subscription! See, there is method in my madness. Not that I've got a dog mind :rolleyes:

Social source share

Guest soul_hull

just got mine.

prompt delivery

cracking magazine.

superb.

an absolute MUST for any soul fan (especially one who makes t-shirts as iot's packed full of scans and images)

:thumbsup:

brilliant.

glossy

colourful.

informative.

if it played music i'd shag it.

paul.

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

Alright, I know it's a bit late but my mailman was on vacations (seriously) and it arrived untill today,

It looks amazing, great photos, info, etc...

Many thanks to Dave and all the staff at TTB!

Cheers from Mexico

Dante

Social source share

Alright, I know it's a bit late but my mailman was on vacations (seriously) and it arrived untill today,

It looks amazing, great photos, info, etc...

Many thanks to Dave and all the staff at TTB!

Cheers from Mexico

Dante

Hi Dante,

Phew!! I was beginning to think the dog got it!!

CONGRATULATIONS AND THANKS TO CHICAGO! ......Dusty Groove just sold out and put in a re-order. Thanks to all for the continued support. Only a few of the first print run left now so if you're thinking of ordering an 'original" copy :yes: now would be the time... after these have gone it'll be the "reissue" :yes:www.theresthatbeat.com

Regards,

Dave

www.theresthatbeat.com

Social source share

if it played music i'd shag it.

Oh my!

Received mine also... had a quick gander but need to find a couple of hours to sit down and read it properly. Very nice publication! Thank you :yes:

Social source share

Hi Dante,

Phew!! I was beginning to think the dog got it!!

CONGRATULATIONS AND THANKS TO CHICAGO! ......Dusty Groove just sold out and put in a re-order. Thanks to all for the continued support. Only a few of the first print run left now so if you're thinking of ordering an 'original" copy whistling.gif now would be the time... after these have gone it'll be the "reissue" :(www.theresthatbeat.com

Regards,

Dave

www.theresthatbeat.com

The thing is that it's here now. BTW I was reading he Golden World article, is so sad, it sould have been great to urn it into a club!

Cheers

Dante

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!