surfcity

Rarest Prelude 45's / 12's ?

Dont think there are any particularly rare ones, but there are some decent tracks from the likes of LAX, Passion etc

Both had good tunes - I found the Passion 45 with 'Midnight Lovers' flip not on every street corner . Had to wait a while for the Tyrone Davis 45 'Satisfy You' as well .

Lorraine Johnson's LP "The more you want" from 1977 and Silk's self titled LP also from 1977 always seem to sell quickly and both contain a few nice things.

'Smooth as silk' LP is good - got that on a UK . Not heard the 'self titled' one though .

Cheers though .

kumano - ill cry for you is an ace 70s dancer ...not too rare ...old soul sam spin

Agree, forgotten modern oldie, mid 80's, always remember a certain dj at Morecambe pier spinning the album version one night rather than the 45 !

And exhausting the entire dancefloor after 7 mins !!

No bloody zumba in those day !!!!

The original 12" release of Lorraine Johnson "The More I Get, The More I Want" 

and Bill Brandon's "We Fell In Love While Dancing" on Prelude #152 brings big $$$.

There's a look a like reissue out there though.

The issue of Bobby Thurston's 'Is something wrong with you'  has a great flip 'I really did'nt mean it' .

Anyone ever seen Colors / Pay me back my love or Sharon Redd's / Love is gonna get you on Prelude USA 7" ?

Edited by surfcity

The original 12" release of Lorraine Johnson "The More I Get, The More I Want" 

and Bill Brandon's "We Fell In Love While Dancing" on Prelude #152 brings big $$$.

There's a look a like reissue out there though.

Quite a few of the Bill Brandon on 7" around .

always thought this hard one to find on a12" but a lot harder on a 7", any idea on a price for these,

joe

I have sold two copies of this in the past. The first for £50 the second copy for £75. I have not seen this on a 12". Is this an extended mix?. For me this cut has always been the most soulfull on the logo, but as others have mentioned there are some nice tracks on the logo, but then there should be given the output.

I have sold two copies of this in the past. The first for £50 the second copy for £75. I have not seen this on a 12". Is this an extended mix?. For me this cut has always been the most soulfull on the logo, but as others have mentioned there are some nice tracks on the logo, but then there should be given the output.

I think the Tyrone Davis 45 'Satisfy You before I satisfy me' would rank as one of the most soulful on the logo as well . Would have drowned at the time in amongst the more 'disco/soul' releases at the time .

I think the Tyrone Davis 45 'Satisfy You before I satisfy me' would rank as one of the most soulful on the logo as well . Would have drowned at the time in amongst the more 'disco/soul' releases at the time .

I think the Tyrone Davis is a great track, however the type of sound that the logo did best with was most certainly not this. And it was all but on it's way out by the time this came out in 85. So it does not surprise me some have difficulty finding one. A strange release in many ways really, as it was first brought to my attention as a new release on his ocean front Lp 'Something good' from 83. 'Save me' also came on prelude, but that was pants.

I think the Tyrone Davis is a great track, however the type of sound that the logo did best with was most certainly not this. And it was all but on it's way out by the time this came out in 85. So it does not surprise me some have difficulty finding one. A strange release in many ways really, as it was first brought to my attention as a new release on his ocean front Lp 'Something good' from 83. 'Save me' also came on prelude, but that was pants.

Could'nt agree more SD - as you say so untypical of the 'Prelude sound' . Great tune though . Maybe they thought 'big name' and all that would sell the 45 . 'Save me' was terrible  .

Edited by surfcity

always thought this hard one to find on a12" but a lot harder on a 7", any idea on a price for these,

joe

Never seen a 12" of it.Big record in Japan with the group collectors.No idea on price but a rare 45 (probably nobody looking for it though).

A home fave.

Never seen a 12" of it.Big record in Japan with the group collectors.No idea on price but a rare 45 (probably nobody looking for it though).

A home fave.

My copy came from BOBA quite a few years ago,always give him a thought when i play it.

I have a copy of Broadway have a little mercy / dance you out of my life I bought it as a new release for the dance side

Nice one!Just wondering if you have ever played the slow side until now?

Love going back to the dancers i bought as new releases and finding great slow stuff.

An example being Oddesy and co -"young girl" flip it over for group ballad heaven.

Comment now!

Comments are members only

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign in

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Adverts

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.