Wand Records Copyrights Owners

trd

Good evening,

I'm asking this for a friend, and feel free to remove the topic if you feel it's posted in the wrong section.

A friend of mine has to edit the score of a forthcoming film and wants to use the Monzas : "Forever walks a drifter".

I know the record has been released several times, but most notably as Wand 1120.

As he wants to do things properly, he wants to clear the use of the song with the relevant rights owners.

Could anybody please let me know who might be the people in question (Ace/Kent?) ?

Many thanks by advance.

Best,

Etienne.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

• Replies 7
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

The Wand catalogue is now owned by Gusto Music out of Nashville.

All enquiries should be directed there .

https://www.gustorecords.com/

Interesting that Wand is listed among Gusto's record labels, but NOT Scepter.  Both Musicor and Dynamo are, and for King, they list King, Queen, Federal and DeLuxe.  So, why would Scepter not be included together with Wand?  Both were owned by Florence Greenberg (as was Flomar Music).  Did her heirs sell off the subsidiary to one purchaser and the flagship label to another, or not sell it off?

Social source share

Guest Carl Dixon

Nice to read the words 'properly' when connected to a copyright enquiry. Am I right in saying there are two copyrights to chase here 1) the recorded work and 2) the song writers/publishers? Ady/Paul/anybody?

Edited by Carl Dixon
Social source share

Nice to read the words 'properly' when connected to a copyright enquiry. Am I right ion saying there are two copyrights to chase here 1) the recorded work and 2) the song writers/publishers? Ady/Paul/anybody?

Yes, 2 clearances required. One from the owner of the master and the other from the publisher of the song.

Ian D :)

Social source share

Yes, 2 clearances required. One from the owner of the master and the other from the publisher of the song.

Ian D :)

but if you were issuing the music on Cd or vinyl you'd only need clearances for publishing in USA, here you have to register with MCPS and pay the publishing up front unless you're established with them and have a proven track record Edited by ady croasdell
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!