Shirley Lawson So Much To Me

Guest magic city 66

Guest magic city 66

Hi all ive just bought a copy of this great 2 sider not heard it played out for so long was wondering if people still rate it and if its in anyone dj box thanks christian

Social source share

I bought a copy many years ago from Soulbowl. Had it a couple of years but sold it on.

I still like it, but I would think it is not very well known to the masses, so it would need a lot plays to catch on!

I know I liked the flip side but can't remember what it's called.  "Sad, sad day"maybe?

Edited by Guest
Social source share

Played So Much To Me last night at Beatin Rhythm St Doms Newcastle in my early set of "never played never heard" in the 10 years I've been going or DJ ing there. Went down well with the collectors and even got a few up. The crowd are well up for different stuff and all OVO at our place as well.

Social source share

Guest magic city 66

Played So Much To Me last night at Beatin Rhythm St Doms Newcastle in my early set of "never played never heard" in the 10 years I've been going or DJ ing there. Went down well with the collectors and even got a few up. The crowd are well up for different stuff and all OVO at our place as well.

Thanks for your reply mate thats great to here such a great track regards christian.

Social source share

Guest magic city 66

I played it out at a few nighters over the years. Great underrated record

. Christian I think I paid about £120. Don't know what the going rate is these days

Steve

Alright steve i agree its a great track i payed  75 US regards christian

Social source share

Got mine on Soul City label (a pretty battered copy but its vinyl so sound quality is still okay) and played One more chance last year at Monaco Soul Club. A great tune but almost forgotten. Next time I might play The Star for a change.

Think we need to play Paula Durante and Jeanette Williams more often as well.

Thanks for reminding me to include it in the box.

Social source share

Got mine on Soul City label (a pretty battered copy but its vinyl so sound quality is still okay) and played One more chance last year at Monaco Soul Club. A great tune but almost forgotten. Next time I might play The Star for a change.

Think we need to play Paula Durante and Jeanette Williams more often as well.

Thanks for reminding me to include it in the box.

They're talking about her release on Enterprise not Back Beat (Soul City).

Edited by Tony Smith
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

They're talking about her release on Enterprise not Back Beat (Soul City).

Oooops, I need to take more water with it, drinking late on Sunday evening whilst on SS is probably not the best idea, if proof were needed I cant multi-task. :hypo:

I checked my Gemm transactions because I knew I had bought Shirley Lawson 'So much to me'  and I paid £16.38 for it last April. Think I'm gonna dig it out and give it a spin next time I'm behing the decks because I'd forgotten how good a tune it is. 

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!