• Replies 32
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I like it :wub:

Maybe if no one knows it i should cover it as George Lemons :lol:

I know it,think i`ve got it...............did i sell you it? :lol: what is it,come on Baz,off line if you want,deffo did have it.......... :wub: probberly come to me in a min,got it.....like the other side aswell,got a yellow issue.........paid over the top£40+ :wub: and had a white demo,for about three hours,stolen from 100 club counter,only a tenner,other side is a goodie too whistling.gif wanna` a bet Baz?keep it to myself for now!! :thumbsup:

Edited by ken
Social source share

I like it :thumbsup:

Maybe if no one knows it i should cover it as George Lemons :lol:

Better cover it up with 6 feet of earth mate whistling.gif

I've neard some really bad records passed as northern but jeez that could be in the top 5 no problem.

Derek

Social source share

Better cover it up with 6 feet of earth mate whistling.gif

I've neard some really bad records passed as northern but jeez that could be in the top 5 no problem.

Derek

Otherside as more of a northern flavour,tho` i do like Baz`s choice,a lot.......but after about 100 plays,starts sounding like the Beatles :thumbsup: .......................soz` Baz

Social source share

I know we shouldn't really be posting sound files whistling.gif

But just wanted to see if any one knows this, like it?

Nope don't know it Baz.... and can't say i like it. It's like your avatar mate.... a big load of pants! :thumbsup:

(sorry matey!)

Social source share

Nope don't know it Baz.... and can't say i like it. It's like your avatar mate.... a big load of pants! :thumbsup:

(sorry matey!)

No need to be sorry mate :lol:

Obviously Ken and myself have the best taste in music whistling.gif:lol:

Social source share

No need to be sorry mate :lol:

Obviously Ken and myself have the best taste in music whistling.gif:wub:

Exactly :lol: i`ll second that,where are tha` going at the weekend rowly?,i`ll avoid it :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest Dodger

:lol: Its not that bad, would never be a tune to really play out, but i like it :lol:

You're not serious about that being a northern soul record are you Baz?? :thumbsup: Sounds like a 60s out take from the Cavern Club in Liverpool, not a bad example of 60s indie/pop, quite like it to be honest, but soul? Never in 50 billion years mate. whistling.gif

Social source share

This is Dire,and you say Modern is rubbish wink.gifwhistling.gif:lol::wub:

Dave f..............

Not all modern just Disco :P

I'll agree its got no soul content, but i like the beat on the backing track :lol:

Im not one to think i have to like all things soul, just like what i like :wub:

You're not serious about that being a northern soul record are you Baz?? :wub: Sounds like a 60s out take from the Cavern Club in Liverpool, not a bad example of 60s indie/pop, quite like it to be honest, but soul? Never in 50 billion years mate. :thumbsup:

Never said it was soul :P

Social source share

Otherside as more of a northern flavour,tho` i do like Baz`s choice,a lot.......but after about 100 plays,starts sounding like the Beatles :lol: .......................soz` Baz

You're not serious about that being a northern soul record are you Baz?? :thumbsup: Sounds like a 60s out take from the Cavern Club in Liverpool, not a bad example of 60s indie/pop, quite like it to be honest, but soul? Never in 50 billion years mate. whistling.gif

Great minds and all that,Dodge..............still like it,but i like the Beatles :lol:

Social source share

oh Baz if thats the type of dirge you like, then I hope I never have the pleasure of hearing you DJ whistling.gif

goodness gracious - and I thought Kens taste was "obscure" to say the least - don't let him influence you any longer :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest martinsbox

I know we shouldn't really be posting sound files whistling.gif

I know I shouldn't really say . . . sh!! . . . I've got a copy of this for sale. It's The Shells "When I'm blue" on Conlo CO - 879B (aka The Four Shells on Volt Records). Anyone want a copy it's £30 inc p+p.

Martin

Social source share

oh Baz if thats the type of dirge you like, then I hope I never have the pleasure of hearing you DJ :yes:

:D Just because some one likes something dont mean they would play it, i like some 50's rock and roll but dont mean i would play it either :(

Social source share

:yes: Just because some one likes something dont mean they would play it, i like some 50's rock and roll but dont mean i would play it either :(

c'mom baz admit it, you thought you were onto the next big c/up since Cecil Washington :( that is until Martin 'uncovered' it :D

Social source share

I know we shouldn't really be posting sound files :yes:

Take no notice of em Baz..I dont think its bad..it has got soul...played it 3 times upto now ..it has got summat,bet the Mods (not moderators) would love it

Bazza

Edited by bazza
Social source share

Guest Andy BB

Played it last night and Carrots remarked "What's that? It sounds like the kind of sh*t you like".

Tis a bit Scouse Garage.

Have you got The Merseybeats doing I Stand Accused (Tony Colton) in your box Baz?

Social source share

Guest woolie mark

Played it last night and Carrots remarked "What's that? It sounds like the kind of sh*t you like".

:(:(:yes:

i haven't got a sound card on my computer, so i am unable to sample baz's amazing new discovery

:(

however, i'm sure it's not as bad as that awful west-coast hippy/stoner record (sandpipers) that you and dirty-john like andy

:D

Social source share

Guest Andy BB

however, i'm sure it's not as bad as that awful west-coast hippy/stoner record (sandpipers) that you and dirty-john like andy

:yes:

Ha Ha!

It's got the same vocal vibe as that one (Sandpipers - Lonely Too Long folks, if you ever see Woolie Mark when you're behind the decks dedicate it to him and turn it up) but unlike that one this has no tune.

The Sandpipers sounds a bit Mersey too. Scousey Soul - a new genre on the way.

Social source share

Guest Dodger

:D Just because some one likes something dont mean they would play it, i like some 50's rock and roll but dont mean i would play it either :(

If you did, you'd qualify for bookings as an r&b DJ. :yes:

Social source share

c'mom baz admit it, you thought you were onto the next big c/up since Cecil Washington :D that is until Martin 'uncovered' it :(

:( No it was all in the name of fun honest guv :D

Tis a bit Scouse Garage.

Have you got The Merseybeats doing I Stand Accused (Tony Colton) in your box Baz?

:( You always said we have similar tastes, :(

No mersy beat but i do have a couple of American Garage records in my box, Mods and The Lively ones :yes:

Social source share

Take no notice of em Baz..I dont think its bad..it has got soul...played it 3 times upto now ..it has got summat,bet the Mods (not moderators) would love it

Bazza

Nah! I said last night I thought it was pants.

CARROTS! - nice one! :yes:

Social source share

Guest Andy BB

Pah....you too scruffy to be a mod Rowly :D:(

You tell him Baz, perhaps he'll listen to you. We've been trying to tell him for years...

:yes:

Rowly - Kenny asked you a question

"i`ll second that,where are tha` going at the weekend rowly?,"

Well? Answer the man... :(:(

Social source share

You tell him Baz, perhaps he'll listen to you. We've been trying to tell him for years...

Rowly - Kenny asked you a question

"i`ll second that,where are tha` going at the weekend rowly?,"

Well? Answer the man... :(:(

Shut it you Scouse Cnut. :angry: :(

Kenneth. I do apologise for not answering your question as to my wearabouts this weekend. This weekend I will mainly be stayin' at 'Ome..... unless I manage drag my sorry arse over to Brighton for Saturday night.... You are only djing on the Sunday aren't you Andy?? :D:yes:

Edited by Rowly
Social source share

Guest Andy BB

unless I manage drag my sorry arse over to Brighton for Saturday night.... You are only djing on the Sunday aren't you Andy?? :D:D

Ha Ha Ha

Just the one night yeah...

Got to give the other Ken Dodds a chance mate!

Besides, I'm a bit behind on the new vinyl. Only managed to buy a couple of new tunes this week... what with the two new suits, two pairs of basketweaves, 3 tab-collared shirts, 4 gold tie and hankie pins, two silk ties, 4 tops....shall I stop? :D

Thank heavens for online poker!

Drug the missus and get in the car! I'll let you stroke my mohair if you're good...

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!