Epitome Of Sound You Don't

Pat

As Pete says the cream label with red writing are the original issues!! The paper feels like blotting paper!! the Demo's have white glossy paper and this was booted so you need to feel for the numbers/letters under the label on this one!!

Edited by mrtag
Social source share

I bought the green boot and the cream label versions from the same box for about £1.50 each back in 1976, at the time I had no idea if either one was an original. All I can remember is that the cream one was supplied in a brown paper sleeve and appeared to be more authentic in appearance.

The sound quality on the boot is exceptionally good, indistinguishable from the original to my ears.

Social source share

Guest Waggy

The sound quality on the boot is exceptionally good, indistinguishable from the original to my ears.

Hang onto your boot then and I will send you £1.50 for your cream one. Deal? :yes:

Social source share

Remember finding a boot of Eddie Foster nr Camden Market, clearly a boot, but the chap noticed I got all excited about it and eventually would not sell it to me, he thought it was an original, and no amount of friendly advice I gave him would change that...

he probably still salivates over it, " it's my precious, mine, they're Wrong, they're all Wrong!!! it's mine I tell thee, MINE !!"

the raised numbers under the label, must be the raised stamp you get on allot of Philly 45s, it's on other Sandbag releases such as Vito & the Salutations...

Edited by Mal C
Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

Cream label with red lettering is the original

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NORTHERN-SOUL-EPITOME-OF-SOUND-YOU-DONT-LOVE-ME-/191534350747?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item2c9856419b

It seems that nothing is sacred any more Pete.

A fairly shoddy job, the seller makes it clear that it is not an original, but for some reason that picture makes me feel quite annoyed.

£22 as I type, with five days to go... Madness.

Edited by Soul16
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

He has written 158 on it  just to confuse the novice even further.Why doesn't he write in the description.This is a seventies reissue with the green label removed and a copy of the original released label stuck in to replace it to make it look like the original sixties release.

Edited by wiggyflat
Social source share

• 1 month later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!