Dushons - You Better Think It Over On Jm's

Go to solution Solved by Dean,

• Replies 35
  • Views 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

I have one of these–bought for pennies thirty years ago–so will be interested to see what this makes.

Don't think I could get my head around it as a youth but it makes more sense now as a pretty good piece of Chicago Northern.

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Can we have some £££££ guesses cuz PeteS is well out @ £50  :lol:

It's just a bit of fun guy's  :yes:

Don't criticize the record it's part of our history  :shhh:

atb kev  :hatsoff2:

BTW i've got 1  :ohmy:

Based on what Lee Fields made a few years back ( another mecca fave),my guess is £651.93p. :lol:

Edited by KevH
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

I've always thought it's a great Chicago hard-core dancer.  I like Mr Manships description, he's got excellent Northern Soul taste!

The price should not be to high as there has been significant number of copies found over the years.

Social source share

I've always thought it's a great Chicago hard-core dancer.  I like Mr Manships description, he's got excellent Northern Soul taste!

The price should not be to high as there has been significant number of copies found over the years.

Give us a guesstimate then Solidsoul :wicked: 

atb Kev :hatsoff2:  

Social source share

• Solution

Love it and not just fond memories, think it stands up now. However playing along I'll guess £320, thinking it will stall, guessing rest of world value at £200 . Was it booted on Down to Earth?

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Love it and not just fond memories, think it stands up now. However playing along I'll guess £320, thinking it will stall, guessing rest of world value at £200 . Was it booted on Down to Earth?

Hi Dean

Yes it was booted on Down To Earth 

atb Kev  :hatsoff2:

Edited by Kev John
Social source share

You're still all talking about a fair to middling dancer, common, worth £50.  Why would anyone pay more?

Its all about opinions and discussion.I rate this highly,couldn't care less whether if fetches big money or not.Been waiting for this to be played more often for years.Its just interesting that's all.

One thing's for sure, it won't run to 2/3 pages like some records do....... :elvis:

Social source share

Its all about opinions and discussion.I rate this highly,couldn't care less whether if fetches big money or not.Been waiting for this to be played more often for years.Its just interesting that's all.

One thing's for sure, it won't run to 2/3 pages like some records do....... :elvis:

But whether it's good or bad, it's not an auction record is it?  What next, The Triumphs "Walking The Duck"?

Social source share

I thought there was no definite proof which label came first.?

Hi Kev 

I've only got JM's Edition 3

Price for Golden Gate issue £75 

Down To Earth Copy £50

He's highlighted that Golden gate was BOOTED not the DTE issues, DTE are 2nd presses so he says so was i wrong for calling them boots so  are they legit 2nd ? 

There is very little info on the GG issue run out my mate has 2 copies on DTE he's gonna get back to me on run out info asap

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry Dean you won  :thumbsup: m8 

Did'nt spot you where closer than me  :lol:

Social source share

Hi Kev 

I've only got JM's Edition 3

Price for Golden Gate issue £75 

Down To Earth Copy £50

He's highlighted that Golden gate was BOOTED not the DTE issues, DTE are 2nd presses so he says so was i wrong for calling them boots so  are they legit 2nd ? 

There is very little info on the GG issue run out my mate has 2 copies on DTE he's gonna get back to me on run out info asap

Kev

In his 5th Edition he says the DTE was booted on styrene,orig DTE on vinyl.

GG never booted & first issue before DTE.

Cheers

Martyn

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Who are these nitwits forking out dosh like that? Had the Dushons for years and sold it about 5 years ago for £40.

It's a great record and if I wanted to sell my mint original Golden Gate, I wouldn't take less than £150 for it! Edited by Guest
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!