Steve S 60

Dave Mackay Rip

Makes the so called hard men of today look like fannies!......Seen him play for both in the flesh, not many had the midfield dominance of Mackay and he will be sadly missed.

:hatsoff2:

Edit.....lets see the whole picture!

mackay_682x400_1262662a.jpg

post-7917-0-85411600-1425384762_thumb.jp

Edited by Steve Lane

Makes the so called hard men of today look like fannies!......Seen him play for both in the flesh, not many had the midfield dominance of Mackay and he will be sadly missed.

attachicon.gifdave mackay.jpg

its one of those fantasy situations - watching him knock seven shades out of C Ronaldo or someone equally annoying, talented and wet.

Ill be long dead by the time technology can make that happen. Diary for 2215 perhaps.

Terry Venables also  in the photo above......and that`s Jack Taylor, the ref........ I wonder how he thought he could help? 

Edited by Steve Lane

I like BB's outstretched hands saying . . . . "What did I do?" Yes, Billy!! :D

Just out of interest can anyone remember what Bremner had done to upset McKay? I'm sure it's out there somewhere but save me looking.

Edit.....lets see the whole picture!

mackay_682x400_1262662a.jpg

Can see a Bremner team mate on the smaller picture, but not on the larger one :g:

post-5777-0-89756300-1425418363_thumb.jp

Edited by Pete60

I like BB's outstretched hands saying . . . . "What did I do?" Yes, Billy!! :D

Just out of interest can anyone remember what Bremner had done to upset McKay? I'm sure it's out there somewhere but save me looking.

Found it for you.....

https://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/world-of-sport/the-incredible-story-behind-iconic-photo-that-made-dave-mackay-a-legend-111730092.html

....lazy git!  :lol:

Was lucky enough to see him play for Spurs and Derby, hard as nails and a great player RIP Dave that is when football wasn't all about the £s great days

Same here seen him play for both Spurs and Derby as you say he was a hard man and your spot on about football wasn't about money and every player at every club played  their heart out for their club they were dedicated and not like the fannies of today.

Comment now!

Comments are members only

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign in

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Related Soul Music Links

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.