Sax Solos That Give You Chills (With Clips)

Dayo

We know know it's true; it ain't proper Northern soul without a killer sax solo. 10 seconds of musical heaven to take the dancing up a notch and cue the spins, backdrops and Bruce Lee kicks!  So what's your favourite?  Which one still gives you chills?

And, it's not like I'm the Lord of the Thread or anything, but it would be great if you could post with clips and time-codes because it makes threads like this x times more interesting - agree?

Here's mine anyway at 1 min 10 secs.  It doesn't get better - or does it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZeTNA5tcME

Edited by Dayo
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

We know know it's true; it ain't proper Northern soul without a killer sax solo. 10 seconds of musical heaven to take the dancing up a notch and cue the spins, backdrops and Bruce Lee kicks!  So what's your favourite?  Which one still gives you chills?

And, it's not like I'm the Lord of the Thread or anything, but it would be great if you could post with clips and time-codes because it makes threads like this x times more interesting - agree?

AAARRRGGGHH! You said Bruce Lee kicks :shhh:

Edited by Drewtg
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Here's mine anyway at 1 min 10 secs.  It doesn't get better - or does it?

if you post the number of seconds into the clip added to the url  like this 

https://youtu.be/TZeTNA5tcME?t=70s

then this happens

note you need to use the youtube be link (via the share button on the youtube page)

and you MUST use seconds as above not min sec 

Social source share

Guest Dave Turner

Not Northern in any shape or form, lets go straight to the top, 2 for the price of 1 here, The greatest performer ever and his faultless band

Kev

Nice one Kev  :thumbsup:

For me, and again not Northern but always lifts the hairs on me neck  ...

Edited by Dave Turner
Social source share

Guest Chris61

How about this from 'Junior Walker' " I Ain't Going Nowhere"

The whole song is full of short sax breaks that are just so, plus the altissimo note at the end is great..

Chris...

Social source share

No Youtube clip available for this gem , Ray Roberts I know what to do to satisfy you . fantastic growly sax in the background that culminates in a few seconds of utter ectasy . ( What a cracking tune )

A more obvious one that never fails to get me Earl Wright - Thumb a ride :thumbup:

Edited by Mark S
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest Chris61

No Youtube clip available for this gem , Ray Roberts I know what to do to satisfy you . fantastic growly sax in the background that culminates in a few seconds of utter ectasy . ( What a cracking tune )

A more obvious one that never fails to get me Earl Wright - Thumb a ride :thumbup:

Mark do you mean this one 

Chris..

Social source share

not in the sense a sax break but always a favorite with me  Jnr. Walker Cleo's Mood and i know Kevs already put up a live version but part 2 does it for me 2mins 10 secs  tried adding no of secs but couldn't get it to work

130s Edited by smudger
Social source share

great thread !

love the sax break in Marry Clayton  ' I've got my eyes on you '   ; just brilliant whether dancing or dj ing

and after the soul night and when you get home, [ or really any bloody time you want/need it ] and def. my desert island disc sax break (please Kirsty), ......Paul Simon  ' still crazy after all these years '

if you know it and you think I'm barking - no worries

if you don't, give it  try

pete 

woof woof

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!