Jean Wells - With My Love

this came out on two diff colour labels yes? red and white and blue (or green) and white? both on Calla...

i remember hearing someone play it a year ago and thinkin there is a slight difference in the chorus as in when she says " with my love and what you got we could turn the world around" on one there is a slight pause and the other there isnt...not sure why this popped up in my head this morning..

just wanted to know if there is any difference or maybe i had a few too many that particular night!? whistling.gif

Social source share

• Replies 13
  • Views 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Andy BB

Butch's isn't as good as the release to my ears.

And are you completely sure it's Jean Wells? ...

I did challenge him on that once and he told me who it was and showed me the label.

I should add that I was, of course, completely out of my box and remembered what Butch had said/shown me for a good oooh two minutes before locating a pen, poising it over a bit of fag packet and realising I had completely forgotten.

whistling.gif

Edited by Andy BB
Social source share

the instrumental is the flip of Butch's acetate. Best version of the lot Butch's, more complete IMHO as it has male backing whereas the released versions don't.

words with it from andy r at time says its from a select sound acetate

so maybe diff one

Social source share

Ihaven't got the LP Mike, think it was called "World Here Comes Jean Wells", but i know that her version of Lula Reed's " Drown In My Own tears" was album only.

Brett

Social source share

With my love etc was actually the flip wasn't it to "Have A Little Mercy" her biggest hit No 25 R&B, i have 3 copies of this track, so if anyone fancies a copy for free let me know (the one i'm giving away is a little rough, but hell beggars can't be.........

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!