Impossible To Price This Record?

Pete S

I've never even seen a copy of this before and I am going to put it on my list today but have no idea what to ask. Granted it's easy on issue, but a white demo? I'd rate this as one of the hardest records I've ever had...anyone got any ideas, Mick Smith said £75 when I mentioned it, I'm thinking double that!

d9_1_b.JPG

Social source share

• Replies 8
  • Views 994
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest in town Mikey

I have a white copy of Gail Anderson - Be Proud You're in Love on Salvador.

There are plenty of issues, but the only other person I know to have a White Demo was Dave Flynn.

I have asked a few dealers including Pat Brady who sold it to me 20 years ago, and none have seen a copy.

Any ideas on value Pete?

As for the Rodney Jones, I love the label design, but I could never buy a record called RnB time :rolleyes:

Edited by in town Mikey
Social source share

The DJ copies may be very rare for one good reason:

You probably know that E. Rodney Jones was a DJ himself. Given the highly competitive nature of American radio, I'm guessing that if a disc from a jock working at a rival station landed on the Programme Directors desk, it's not heading straight on his playlist - most likely filed straight in the trash.

Just a theory. :rolleyes:

post-1272-1100085373_thumb.jpg

Social source share

Guest micksmith

I've never even seen a copy of this before and I am going to put it on my list today but have no idea what to ask.  Granted it's easy on issue, but a white demo?  I'd rate this as one of the hardest records I've ever had...anyone got any ideas, Mick Smith said £75 when I mentioned it, I'm thinking double that!

d9_1_b.JPG

link

PETE-I'VE GOT A DEMO. WOULD LIKE IT ON THE FIRST LABEL-CRIMSON.

Social source share

Guest micksmith

I've never even seen a copy of this before and I am going to put it on my list today but have no idea what to ask.  Granted it's easy on issue, but a white demo?  I'd rate this as one of the hardest records I've ever had...anyone got any ideas, Mick Smith said £75 when I mentioned it, I'm thinking double that!

d9_1_b.JPG

link

LET US KNOW WHAT IT SAYS IN THE PRICE GUIDE BIBLE.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!