mike

New Street Adventure - The Big Ac - Acid Jazz Records

Here's a pass on via the news submission post, posted up here via freebasing as may be of interest 

This is Carlo, on behalf of Acid Jazz Records and their band, New Street Adventure.

They are releasing The Big AC, the third and probably the best single from their debut album, No Hard Feelings and they have put together a very unique collaboration with photographer Dean Chalkley - whom you have previously featured - and Youtube star Levanna McLean, 

This is the official link, it just came out 

press blurb:

Dean Chalkley is the author of some of the best shots of Amy Winehouse, Blur, The White Stripes and probably anyone you can think of. His latest exhibitions were hosted at Somerset House and Royal Albert Hall, and he directed the Northern Soul documentary Young Souls.

Levanna McLean  has millions of views on her Youtube channel. You might have seen her most famous video, where she performs classic Northern Soul moves to Happy of Pharrel, followed by the version of Velvet Hammer.

New Street Adventure released their debut album in November. Prized by the likes of Clash, Artrocker and Fred Perry Subculture, they also had plenty of radio support on BBC Radio and Amazing Radio (Bob Harris, Gary Crowley and Robert Elms and more).n December they did a session for the Craig Charles Funk & Soul Show on BBC, which you can check out here:

They were also the opening act - with an in-store live session at Fred Perry's store in Nottingham - of the Rough Trade exhibition in Nottingham: For The Record (see: https://www.fredperrysubculture.com/music-news/10550/for-the-record-new-street-adventure-free-in-store-gig-nottingham

The Infinite Ear is the young production team behind the video, together with Dean.

Carlo Miles Prestia
Cabin Fever Collective
cfc@cabinfevercollective.co.uk
+44 0 7713141105

The one I put on here about a year ago was a far better version IMHO , great tune though , this isn't as raw as the first one 

Good luck to them though  :thumbsup:

swifty , any chance of a link  :thumbsup:

I'll try and find it mate , it has the band putting their stuff away on stage and then this bloke is dancing on stage and miming whilst the band members are having a bit of a laugh , really good but it seemed to have gone . Im off too look  :thumbsup:

This is the version I was on about and the video I was on about seems to have been disembowled or something  :lol:

Great track

Swifty :thumbsup:

This is the version I was on about and the video I was on about seems to have been disembowled or something  :lol:

Great track

Swifty :thumbsup:

thanks swifty , nice tune  :thumbsup:

Saw them live last Saturday night at the Band on the Wall. They were terrific in spite of Nick having a sore throat. Well worth seeing if you get the chance. Evening took a downturn when Craig Charles came out with his CD's - the young crowd seemed very enthusiastic however  :g:

Comment now!

Comments are members only

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign in

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Related Soul Music Links

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.