Matt Male

Scooterist Question

Look the dogs but not heard of any info on speed reliability,etc waiting for the 300 to appear,but I would be interested in how the 125's go?post-4885-0-70251100-1425711717_thumb.jp

Edited by Maxwell

Look the dogs but not heard of any info on speed reliability,etc waiting for the 300 to appear,but I would be interested in how the 125's go?attachicon.gif1.jpg

"Would you like a scooter with your exhaust sir?"  :lol:

I like the look of them but I have always love the Lambretta design

That's what I was thinking. They are half the price of a decent classic Lambretta, but I was wondering if they were legit given they look so much like a Lambretta. I'd go for a 1960s series 3 every time, but no way I can currently afford one at some of the prices I've seen. I doubt I'll bother with a Scomadi, just save up Instead, but on the other hand I wondered if they had a kind of 'plastic scooterist' image amongst the scooter crowd. What sort of reception do they get on runs?

Edited by Matt Male

I don't know about how the Scomadi is considered among the scooter crowd, but apparently if you ride a scooter with chrome on it, you are the equivalent of the Baggie trouser brigade on the soul scene. 

That pissed me off, as I love a chromed up Lammy. 

I'm off to get measured up for some Spencer's on Monday.  :shhh:  :lol:

I don't know about how the Scomadi is considered among the scooter crowd, but apparently if you ride a scooter with chrome on it, you are the equivalent of the Baggie trouser brigade on the soul scene. 

That pissed me off, as I love a chromed up Lammy. 

I'm off to get measured up for some Spencer's on Monday.  :shhh:  :lol:

You'll love this one then.

post-2123-0-32663800-1425770359_thumb.jp

Ive never seen one "in the flesh" but the styling does look nice in the photos doesn't it.

The one thing I notice is that they have got four-stroke engines as opposed to two-stroke which suggests to me they could have quite a different sound and feel to a genuine "lammy".

Unless technology has changed significantly since my days of using 2 wheeled transport that is. Scooters AND motorbikes.

I probably shouldn't admit to being this gawky looking teenager! LOL :D

But this was one of my scooters. SeriesIII Li150. It had quite a nice spray job: dark red, an orangey red, and white which my brother's mate did. But I hadn't taken delivery of the front mudguard hence the lightly unfinished look. 

I had a Vespa Sportique as my very first scooter but then it was Lambrettas all the way.

I think this picture would have been summer of 1969.

post-6836-0-11268600-1425823505_thumb.jp

Edited by MBarrett

Ive never seen one "in the flesh" but the styling does look nice in the photos doesn't it.

The one thing I notice is that they have got four-stroke engines as opposed to two-stroke which suggests to me they could have quite a different sound and feel to a genuine "lammy".

Unless technology has changed significantly since my days of using 2 wheeled transport that is. Scooters AND motorbikes.

The one pictured by Maxwell above is a 2 stroke.  Those exhausts are 2 stroke expansion pipes.  Either 2 or 4 stroke will feel totally different to the original Lambretta as engine technology has moved on.

I probably shouldn't admit to being this gawky looking teenager! LOL :D

But this was one of my scooters. SeriesIII Li150. It had quite a nice spray job: dark red, an orangey red, and white which my brother's mate did. But I hadn't taken delivery of the front mudguard hence the lightly unfinished look. 

I had a Vespa Sportique as my very first scooter but then it was Lambrettas all the way.

I think this picture would have been summer of 1969.

attachicon.gifScooter2.jpg

I also had a Sportique as my first one, ran lovely, and was hand painted in gold by the bike shop I got it from :ohmy:

I swapped it for a Series 2 LI, which I rebuilt and resprayed, but which never really worked properly. :( Typical Lammy vs. Vespa issue.

If I had my time again though I wouldn't have let the Sportique go, it was lovely looking but as an impressionable teenager everyone was into Lammys.

post-10269-0-12107300-1425850832_thumb.j

this is in ron daleys Barnsley think it looks well 125 @£2500

post-10269-0-17087200-1425850864_thumb.jpost-10269-0-05383600-1425850890_thumb.j

I am spoilt really , here is my 64 Li special and modern vespa GTS 250 crackin distance rider ,

I suppose the scomadi is ok no matter how good it was the purists and scooter fascista are going to knock it

attachicon.gifft23d_scomadi%2050%20red%20white%202.jpg

this is in ron daleys Barnsley think it looks well 125 @£2500

attachicon.gif384040_2787955426005_1348550981_n.jpgattachicon.gif564859_4812436756773_876109748_n.jpg

I am spoilt really , here is my 64 Li special and modern vespa GTS 250 crackin distance rider ,

I suppose the scomadi is ok no matter how good it was the purists and scooter fascista are going to knock it

I think those Lambretta panels with the chrome flash, Li Special, SX or whatever are so beautiful you could hang one on the wall of an art gallery. :yes::thumbup:

Comment now!

Comments are members only

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign in

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Related Soul Music Links

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.