Mitch Ryder Live @ Prestatyn Weekender

I did not go to Prestatyn but my hubby did and he has just called me to tell me how good

'His Hero'  Mitch Ryder was.   He says he was note perfect and seeing him live was something he wouldn't have missed for the world.   In his words  'Mitch' you did us proud you were absolutely brilliant'.    :thumbsup:

From Karen on behalf of Steve. xx

(Apologies if this is not the right place to start a new thread..I don't often write on SoulSource so If I've cocked up please forgive me :yes: )

• Helpful 1
Social source share

I know Mitch Ryder is legendary on the northern scene due to his dance floor fillers

like Breakout and You Get Your Kicks, but I often think that these records plus I'd rather Go To Jail

are actually some of the first Punk records ever made. Long before Punk was even thought of.

Social source share

I wouldn't say note perfect but great effort and nice to pay respect. Got a video on my phone of You Get Your Kicks from last night but not sure of protocol regarding posting on here from a live event?

I would like to see that if possible? I know Mitch Ryder & The Detroit Wheels performed 'Breakout' on American Bandstand May 1966 but as of yet haven't been able to track it down, does anyone know if it even exists still? Thank you x

Edited by JustASoulie
Social source share

An historical and iconic moment for the 'northern' scene.

I'm made up that I went, wouldn't have missed it

I have a video on my phone, will try to upload. Let's not forget, this guy has never (according to himself) sung You get your kicks live infront of an audience before. For 70 yrs old, he was quite superb!

Edited by IanP
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Mitch Ryder - blew all my misgivings away as I wasn't sure what to expect when announced last year. A consummate professional and a class act on stage. Very privileged to have witnessed a great performance. I spent a couple of hours in the main hall photographing the sound check in the morning and he made sure Snake Davis and the Suspicions knew exactly what he did and didn't want on the night.

0575-L.jpg

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Mitch Ryder - blew all my misgivings away as I wasn't sure what to expect when announced last year. A consummate professional and a class act on stage. Very privileged to have witnessed a great performance. I spent a couple of hours in the main hall photographing the sound check in the morning and he made sure Snake Davis and the Suspicions knew exactly what he did and didn't want on the night.

0575-L.jpg

THEE MAN!....... :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup: BELIEVABLY BRILLIANT!!!.........So Cool, So Professional, So Witty....So IN YER FACE with EVERY NUMBER....So Blindingly Obvious how GOOOOOD this white dude is.....even he had to wear shades!!....COMETH PRESTATYN...COMETH THE HOUR...AND THE MAN.......MITCH RYDER DELIVERED!!  :yes:

• Helpful 2
Social source share

I did not go to Prestatyn but my hubby did and he has just called me to tell me how good

'His Hero'  Mitch Ryder was.   He says he was note perfect and seeing him live was something he wouldn't have missed for the world.   In his words  'Mitch' you did us proud you were absolutely brilliant'.    :thumbsup:

From Karen on behalf of Steve. xx

(Apologies if this is not the right place to start a new thread..I don't often write on SoulSource so If I've cocked up please forgive me :yes: )

just a reminder

with events on here, it works best if either

post event comments on the event guide entry

or if want to post a few more words /pics etc in a review type post then use the front page articles feature  :thumbsup:

https://www.soul-source.co.uk/articles/index,php?do=add

will close this shortly as per the above

Social source share

I would like to see that if possible? I know Mitch Ryder & The Detroit Wheels performed 'Breakout' on American Bandstand May 1966 but as of yet haven't been able to track it down, does anyone know if it even exists still? Thank you x

Mitch said that was the first time he had performed You get your kicks and breakout live.  Both were perfectly delivered, what a professional. My only point of concern was in the cafe after Saturdays performance; Mitch, his wife and spellbinders/Invitations were sat signing autographs with a jug os water for refreshment. Surely the artists should have been provided with a bottle of bourbon or other apperitife fitting their status.

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Mitch said that was the first time he had performed You get your kicks and breakout live.  Both were perfectly delivered, what a professional. My only point of concern was in the cafe after Saturdays performance; Mitch, his wife and spellbinders/Invitations were sat signing autographs with a jug os water for refreshment. Surely the artists should have been provided with a bottle of bourbon or other apperitife fitting their status.

did you not read my post ?

as it said it works better if direct all comments (such as this)  to the event guide entry

https://www.soul-source.co.uk/articles/index,php?do=add

Social source share