John (Budgie)Boyd Has Sadly Passed Away R.i.p

Guest manusf3a

Guest manusf3a

I had some sad news today from Sue Johns partner for more than thirty years,saying that John had died,His funeral will be next Thursday ,Sue doesnt expect folk to be able to make it to the funeral as it is in Scotland where they have lived for the last ten years.John was one of the original Corby soul all nighter lads from the early days of kelmarsh and mkt Harborough and with his best mate Passy was well known all over from Manchester to Luton,a real personality who always did things his way he was always his own man and if he gave his word on something always kept it.Along with Brian Taylor and Passy  I being younger by a fair bit always looked to them as an example.

John s  partner Sue hopes that some of Johns friends from Corby can get together to remember him,I hope this can be done for I know everyone as an individual who knew him will be saddened by the news and will recall him in their own personal ways.I know John quit the scene mid sevetyish apart from putting in the occasional appearence at a nighter here and there but regardless of this would see folk from round the country who knew him well from early days for various reasons,theres certainly more than a few on this site who knew him from all round the country and up north as well as Corby.A one of a kind man  was John down to a tee,John you were a diamond!

Social source share

• Replies 2
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Rip John. Didn't know you but from what I've heard from Manus. A true original in every sense. Get those royals shining, the red socks and slim fit button down shirt and the tonic suit is sharp, ready and waiting, Many ace faces await your arrival at that great niter that never ends.Groove on. Respect Kimbo

Corby lads will no doubt raise a glass and spin a tune or two and remember many adventures!!

Social source share

Guest manusf3a

John;s funeral was last Thursday,in  true John Boyd style was wearing is crombie for his send off, r.i.p John,you left memories of good times spent in your company for many who knew you through the years.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!