Did You Know

One of my plays from the 70's at the Cleethorpes Winter Gardens my Girls Three C/U which was released in 1977 now turns out to be the original version of the St. Tropez L.P. Only track (1978) that got plays on the Rare Groove/Jazz Funk Scene then recently sampled by various artists on the R&B Scene and had spins on the Northern/Modern Scene.

Last year (Jan 2014) the St. Tropez version (Hold On To Love) was edited down th a 7" version and released with Al Foster Band - Nite Of The Wolf on the other side (Mellow Mellow Right On Records), there are 3 copies of this edit for sale on the internet for £100 - £17.97 and £19.91 there was one for £40 but that has now gone which seems a lot for a re-edit from last year but it must be now deleted and in demand.

The reason why i mention this is there is a lot of Northern/Modern interest of the St. Tropez  track (which as i say turns out NOT to be the original version) hence the re-edit version release.

So, if you want or need a copy of The "Original Version" now is a good time to grab one cheap as chips. Ther are 22 copies up on Discogs from 1 euro to£4.99, this track may not be for you but it is doing it for me all over again (uncovered) and it is up on you tube so you can have a listen and make your own mind up,

But don't sleep on it, look what happed with Mark Williams House For Sale, when that was found to be another version of Millie Jackson, it was on the internet cheap and went fast and try finding one now.

so search for PAGE THREE - HOLD ON TO LOVE (WARNER BROTHERS) 7"

Good Luck and Enjoy if this is your Cup Of Tea

Rick

Edited by RICK SCOTT
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

As implied by the group name (Page Three), this trio were all glamour models who tried for a singing career.

Their track was produced & arranged by two ex-members of the Shadows. By all accounts they appeared on TotP on 25/8/1977 to plug this track (no doubt coz they were pleasing on the eye).

The 45 was also released in Japan.

Can't say I'm at all impressed with their vocals though the cut is quite danceable.

Edited by Roburt
Social source share

Hi Ian,

Cee Lo Green mix is fab which we give lots of spins at our Modern Nites at Heslem Park Rugby Club in Scunthorpe (next one this Friday 13th March), Fellow DJ Dicko spins the St Topez version now and again And i may play Page There on Friday,

Just for the record there IS a better sound bite of Page Three version on You Tube the one on here i think has been linked from Discogs which isn't very good sound quality at all, not a classic record by any means but nice to pick the original version of the song cheap regardless of it's background and it is still working for me. Any way Ian hope you are well, we go back a long long way :thumbsup:  Rick

Update... Did play it as my last tune and a full dance floor response and people wanting info about it in order to purchase a copy so a good result for a few sellers and that is what it is all about

Edited by RICK SCOTT
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!